Chapter Fourteen - Reunions

A/N: I had so much fun writing this. Enjoy and have a wonderful day/night. Love, abbiemca x 

+*+*+*+*+

Chapter Fourteen - Reunions

-Midgard- 

Ava's View

The cool breeze of New York felt amazing against my skin. I breathed it in, even though the car fumes and all of  the other crap weren't doing my lungs any good. I hadn't taken my phone to Asgard with me, so I decided to teleport to SHEILD's base, surely somebody would be there. When I arrived, the cool flooring was almost a shock to my system and seemingly,  was a shock to everybody else's systems. All of the agents stared at me in disbelief as I appeared out of nowhere in front of the rows of computers. I smiled and waved at them all, before strolling off to the conference room, where I was likely to find at least one of my weird and wonderful friends. 

As always, I was right, and Clint was sat in a chair at the table, with his feet up, polishing his bow. He didn't even notice that I'd walked in. 

"Hey Clint," I said, as I strolled over to him, robbing an arrow from the sheath on his back as I walked behind him. He jolted upright and sprung from his chair as I inspected the arrow in my hand. 

"And where the hell have you been?" He said, placing a hand on his hip like a teenage cheerleader. I raised an eyebrow at him sarcastically, as if it was an obvious answer. 

"New Mexico," I said, with a smirk. Clint didn't find it funny, instead of talking back at me, his hawk-like eyes had noticed something I had momentarily forgotten about. 

"No. You didn't...He? What? Really...did you? Oh my God. Um...Congratulations. I think." Clint said, his eyebrows furrowing and his eyes resting on my left hand. 

"Wha-Ah. Oh." 

"I don't believe this." 

"What?"

"You're engaged." Clint said, his voice a lot softer than before. He let out a mouthful of air. "Steve is going to kill you - and Loki." I couldn't help but laugh when he said this. 

"The amount of times Steve has threatened to kill me, I honestly don't think he'll follow it through anytime soon," I said, placing a hand on my hip, imitating Clint. Just as he was about to open his mouth and say something back to me, somebody burst through the door and of course, we all knew who it was. 

Steve was wearing a plain white t-shirt with a blue checkered shirt over it and his blonde hair wasn't has combed down as it usually was. He took a moment to register what he was seeing in front of him. 

"Hi Steve," I said, with a smile. Clint hid his face in his hands and shook his head as he clearly knew what I was going to get back. 

"AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Steve yelled. I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. 

"I wonder how many times I'm going to answer that today? I think I'll go for Jamaica this time. I've been in Jamaica." 

"Ava! You have no idea how worried we all were-"

"No, how worried you were, we all know she can look after herself, Steve-" Clint interrupted, his bow in hand. I was still holding his arrow. 

"Shut up Clint! Did you not think to even tell us? I mean, what if you got killed or something?"

"Do you honestly think I'm going to go and get myself killed? I wish you had more faith in me sometimes." I snapped back at him.