Chapter 1: Lucy's POV

The two hands grasped at each other and Lucy felt at home.

The green eyes staring at her felt like they reading her mind, making her blush slightly. Her amber red hair was pulled into a messy bun, and her small frame looked like it would fit perfectly with Lucy's.

"Are you okay?" Asked the mystery girl. Her smile was captivating, pulling her in with the illuminating factor of it.

Lucy shouldn't be falling this hard for someone who just hit her with a locker door.

But here she was, not even speaking a word to her and all of a sudden, Lucy could not think of any words that could describe the feeling of security that seemed to radiate out of this petite girl.

"I said are you okay? DO you need to go to the nurse?"

Furiously shaking her head, Lucy paid enough attention to pay attention to the girl.

"I'm fine. Totally fine." Lucy said leaning against the row of lockers, but before she could even regret that decision, Lucy fell, once again on her butt.

Quickly getting back up, so not to embarrass herself more than she already had, she decided just to stand like a normal freaking person and quickly gave a reassuring smile to the redhead.

"Okay well hi. I'm Kat." The redhead told Lucy, while putting away her books, and grabbing one more. She then turned to Lucy and gave her a big, bright, beautiful smile. Right then, Lucy could have sworn the world stopped for hours, just to marvel at the beauty in front of her. Lucy didn't know why the Greeks worshipped their gods. The whole religion thing didn't really make a lot of sense to Lucy, but right at this moment, she could understand why they did it. If she could, she would worship at an alter everyday just to see her smile like this.

In a complete daze, Lucy only really responded with a mumbled version of 'Lucy', never leaving her slightly weird staring at the girl.

wait, not a girl. Kat.

for some reason it fit her perfectly. Not to say everything else about Kat wasn't already perfect, it just surprised Lucy how much it seemed to fit her.

"So what class are you going to next?" Kat asked her, her head giving a cute little turn, almost like a puppy. She was so cute.

"Umm" stuttered Lucy, trying to quickly find her class schedule so she could give it to the red head. After finding it in her back pocket of her black skinny jeans, and handed it to Kat so she could decode the class schedule for her.

Lucy's long blonde hair was parted a little unevenly, and her white t-shirt with black leather combo might seem to scream unfriendly, but Lucy was generally a nervous wreck being in uncomfortable silence with Kat.

"It looks like we have a bunch of classes together. Well since it seems that it's your first day, and I just hit you with my locker, how about i show you around." Kat told her, grabbing her hand and pulling towards where Lucy could only guess their first class was.

But Lucy didn't care, she would honestly follow Kat anywhere.

---

After of managing to appear present to all of her classes (big thanks to Kat for that one) Lunch had finally arrived. After second period, Lucy's stomach was growling so much, that she thought that her stomach had become an actual. But after braving through two more periods, Lucy could finally eat, and maybe see Kat again

Lucy looked through the sea of people until she found Kat, sitting at a circular table all by herself, deeply engrossed into her book. All of her attention was firmly secured onto the book in her perfectly polished hands. Now Lucy wanted to be that book.

Great, now Lucy was jealous of a stupid book. This crush or whatever is getting out of control.

Getting into the lunch line, and maybe cutting a few people, quickly grabbed a two slices of pizza, and gave the lunch lady some cash before speed walking to the seat next to Kat.

"So how's the book?" Asked Lucy, already getting started on a slice of pizza. She refused to look into Kat's eyes, afraid that she maybe ensnared by how vibrant they were.

"The worse piece of shit I have ever read." Kat exclaimed, still not looking from the book.

Now at the fact that this once thought to be a puppy, started swearing, well that got Lucy's attention

"Excuse me?" Lucy said startled.

"I totally disagree with the two-dimensional characters Shakespeare is trying to get me to relate with. On top of it all is that all the woman are portrayed as stereotypical. I won't even go into details about-"

To be honest, Lucy wasn't really listening to Kat's rants. Sure she listened to Kat, but she was a little too distracted by her pink lips shooting word after word passionately, almost with a fire. The book, whose title read A Midnight Summer's Dream, was now facing down on table.

Oh the ferocity's sparking from her lips could create their own stories. Her fiery hair branding the pages with her effortlessly written words falling out of her mouth, like a raging river. The poised hands look as though they could carry the weight of a feather, but suture said perhaps the whole world. If Lucy could, she would give the earth and the moon to this girl, with just a shimmer of her delicately green irises.

Lucy was worried that she would do anything for this girl. The same girl who hit her in the head with her locker, but also the same girl who captivated her with just a small smile from her lips. She was exquisite.

"Hey are you going to eat that second slice?" Kat asked Lucy, pulling her from her day dream.

"Oh no. Go ahead. I'm not even that hungry." Lie, Lucy was always hungry, and notorious for devouring any food in sight. But Kat didn't need to know that.

Kat took the piece of pizza, giving Lucy one of her captivating smiles that Lucy feeds on. To be fair, they were like feeling sunshine after spending your life in the cold.

"You know," Kat started, biting a piece of the pizza, before starting again. "For someone who looks like they're in the mafia full of werewolves, your pretty cool."

This made Lucy bush, making her face turn a bright pink. From anyone else, this comment would sound suspicious, but from Kat, it makes the biggest smile break from Lucy's face.

This girl was amazing.