Chapter 3: A terrible misshap..

"Sam.. N-Norman.." Emma trembled.

Sam walked up next to Emma and looked, she covered her mouth in shock and her pupils got small.

Norman raised his eyebrow and walked up to the trunk..
.
.
.
He walked slowly.
.
.
.
His eyes were about to look at it.
.
.
.
Water drops from the ceiling
.
.
.
Norman gasped.

A dead Conny was looking straight at us. There was a rose in her chest, she looked gray and beat up.

Emma started sweating.

"Is someone there?" A faint voice said, and we all looked at one of the doors. Norman looked at the bottom of the truck and we all nodded our heads.

We crawled under the truck and watched the door open.

"Aw, I thought someone was there. If it was a stray cat I would've eaten it for lunch.." One of the things said.

"You really eat those disgusting things?" The other groaned.

The trio peaked out to see what was talking.
.
.
.
Giant..
.
.
.
Monsters.. or demons if you wanna call them that..
.
.
.
Were there, they were all gray. And had some black on them. They had 2 eyeballs the same as humans, except the eyes were one on top of the other. Sam and Emma were trembling and had their hands over their mouths.

"N-no.." Norman whispered.

One of the demons put down a blue tube, while the other grabbed Conny and threw her in.

"Damn. I wish I could have at least a fingertip." One of the demons said.

"Don't joke. It's valuable merchandise, it's definitely not something we are meant to enjoy." the other started. "The human flesh from farm is the highest quality only the rich can afford it."

Emma started bending her fingers up and down. "Where's mom..?" She whispered.

"SH." Sam cut her off.

"How's the gupna?" A third demon came.

"It's mostly done sir.." said the second.

"Another six year old.. we've only been shipping out average ones lately.." The third spoke up again. "But we'll be harvesting some of the high-grade stock soon enough... right Isabella?"

"Yes." Mom replied.

"These four with full marks, are to be prepared for plucking." The third told her.

"Yes sir, I understand." She spoke to him with dead eyes and a deep frown.

".. hold on. I smell something..." the demon came up to the truck and his eyes went to the bottom. He ducked down.. and..

____________________________________

Emma, Sam, and Norman were already running away from the gate, the three of them panting very hard without stopping. That's when Emma fell on her knees.

"You ok?!" Norman asked.

She was still panting very hard, Sam was at her side looking up and breathing slowly.

"This place.. *pant* is a farm..?! *pant pant* We're all just.. *pant* food?!" She said.

Norman started breathing slower, catching his breath. Sam was looking at the house. "Damn.. so, I was right.." The girl thought.

"It can't be.. didn't everyone go to foster homes?! .. and Mom is a normal loving mother, right?" Sam saw tears forming in Emma's eyes.

"This is all a mistake!! What we saw wasn't Conny..!" Emma started shaking her head a bit, and Norman put his hands off his knees and looked her in the eyes.

"How could it be?!" Emma was getting desperate, she loved Mom so much.. how could she accept the truth..

After Norman did a few more pants.. he finally stopped and said.

"I'm afraid it was Conny.." he sort of whispered.

Big tears started forming in Emma and Sam's eyes. Then.. Sam screamed and fell on her knees.

____________________________________

"Welcome home." Ray came down the stairs when the trio walked in. Sam's face was a bit red and Emma looked so despaired. "How'd it go?"

Norman's face contorted and Sam's face got darker. "We didn't make it in time.."

They walked up the stairs and Sam patted Ray's shoulder before she started to walk up too, Ray's face got a bit pink but looked away quickly.

___________________________________

"Have we been living here this whole time.. just to end up as food..?" Emma whispered.

"Let's escape guys.. we'll get out of here. That's right.. we can do it.. between you me, Ray and Sam-"  Norman started, but was cut off by Emma.

"And the others..? What about them??" Emma sobbed. Which made Norman's eyes get wider.

"I cant leave them..!" She cried. "If we do, they'll all be killed for sure..!!"

"I can't take this.. I don't wanna lose anymore family...!" Sam whispered and sweat poured down her face.

Norman shuddered, then got a determined look on his face while Emma continued sobbing.

"And we won't have to." Norman told her, and Emma gasped slightly. He sat down on the floor next to her and looked at her with a smile.

"Try not to worry." He said. "We'll flee! All of us."

"Really..? But how..??" Emma asked. Sam looked out the window. "How can a bunch of kids run away from those monsters..?" She was tearing up still.
.
.
.
She gasped.

"Strategy.. like when we played tag..!" She whispered. And Norman nodded.

"Right. We will find a way, one that ensures all of us survive." Norman reassured her. Emma and Sam both nodded their heads.

Ā͟T͟ T͟H͟Ę͟ G͟Ä͟T͟Ē͟.͟

M͟Ø͟M͟ Š͟Å͟W͟ L͟ ͟ĮT͟T͟L͟Ê͟ B͟Ū͟Ń͟Ñ͟Ÿ͟.͟