Author Note

Hi friends!

Because this is an AU, I thought I might need to make a brief note about how it works. I try to set up the story slowly so you can get the hang of it, but I'll have this page here for reference too (and update it as needed). 

Honestly, this was very much inspired by my Mirio entry in my other book, SOULMATES, which takes place in a medieval AU, too. I loved how that piece turned out, and it spawned this whole idea! 

Some events from the manga/anime will be the same, and some won't (just like any other fanfic), and the events I choose to keep will likely be slightly altered to fit the AU. So please don't panic if some detail about Izuku's origin story isn't correct (for example), or if I change things to fit the story. 

Roll with me, here. c:

The biggest change is that the BNHA kids don't have their quirks... Or at least, not how you know them. There's a magic system in the story! The four common magical affinities/alignments are: water, fire, earth, and air (think Avatar: the Last Airbender); and there are four rarer alignments: space, time, dark, and light. Every alignment has an opposite (dark-light, water-fire, space-time, and earth-air) for balance.

People can be born with a dual-alignment (like Shoto, who has a water/fire alignment), but three or more alignments are hella rare due to genetics... unless there's a magical item at play or the person has a genetic anomaly. 

People can also be born without magic or an alignment (cough Izuku cough)! Oftentimes, they buy magical items to protect themselves and feign power. 

There's also a general class system (like DnD). If you're unfamiliar, think of it like everyone's basic job or way that they express their magic. I've been operating off of this handy chart:

[I got this off of pinterest, but I think it's originally made by r-n-w

[I got this off of pinterest, but I think it's originally made by r-n-w.net]

I don't want to give too much away about everything... But there will (hopefully) be multiple endings, depending on which love interest you'd like to see the MC end up with. 

Oh? You'd like to know who the love interests are? 

Well, I've been calling this project "The Battle of the Blonds". 
So maybe that's a good enough hint. (;

I hope you enjoy this new story, and I look forward to all of your hilarious/amazing comments!

I love you! Thank you for stopping by!