Prologue

Prologue

Sally Jackson breathed loudly and screamed one more time and fell back on the bed. Then sharp cries of a baby were heard and she fell back on the bed.

"It's a boy." Told the nurse and gave the baby to Sally. Sally looked at her husband Poseidon and nodded at her.

"His name is Perseus." Sally told the nurse.

--------

"Look at him, he's amazing. Don't you think?" Poseidon asked his brother Chiron. "Yes, he sure is. What's his name? And how's Sally?"

"Perseus officially, but we're just going to call him Percy And Sally's fine, tired but happy."

"I'm happy for you Po-"

Chiron was interrupted by the tv.

"As we heard from the minister, the King is dead. The people are mourning their King near the palace. And all standing by the St. Artolius tower."

"I need to go to the St. Artolius to hang the flag up." Poseidon stammered out and handed the baby to Chiron. "I'll be back in less than an hour!" Poseidon called at Chiron and walked in the other room to inform Sally.

Poseidon kissed his baby on the head, "I'll miss you Percy. But I'll be back in just a moment." And Poseidon left to hang the flag up.

--------

"Sally's not doing well, where's Poseidon?" The nurse asked, searching the room for the man. "He's gone to hang up the flag. The King is dead."

The nurse looked in shock at Chiron. "No."
"I'm afraid yes." Chiron said and thought how his life would be now as he was the King's advisor.

"But Poseidon should be back in less than an hour or so."

"Okay, I'll get Sally to sleep. Maybe it'll turn out as nothing." The nurse replied still looking at the television with the mourning people at the St. Artolius.

"You look a lot like your dad, Percy." Chiron beamed at his nephew. "Got his, eyes. Look exactly like him actually."

But then something happened that would change both of their lives forever. The fireworks were set off in honour of the king.

But a moment later someone fell down from the St. Artolius. A man. A man that Chiron identified as his brother.

"Maybe he's alive." He muttered. "The man's dead!" Someone screamed above all the screaming.

And if on cue Percy started to cry, as if he knew that he lost his father. Who loved him so much.

"Where's Poseidon?!" The nurse stormed into the room. "Sally is not doing well! He needs to come!"

Chiron looked up tears forming in his eyes holding a crying Percy against him. "I don't think that he is coming back."