c h a p t e r 1

I slip on my favorite navy sweater and a simple pair of black jeans. I know Kate and Audrey were planning on wearing the sluttiest crop top and skirt set as an attempt to impress the boys, but I already know it's pointless. Harry, Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Niall have all said that they would never date a fan. 

I know you probably think I'm trying to be quirky or "not like other girls," but I've just come to accept that I'll never be noticed by Harry. Did it take crying at 3 a.m. to come to this realization? Yes. Am I proud of it? Not really. 

I mean, there's no way that he would ever see me from all the way in the back row, in the cheapest available seats. How would he ever fall in love with me when I'm just another seventeen-year-old girl in a crowd of screaming fans? 

A notification pops up on my phone. "I'm outside," Kate texts. 

"Give me five minutes," I respond, scrambling for my hairbrush. 

I rip the brush through my shoulder-length brown hair, combing out the knots. I rummage in my drawer to find the homemade lipgloss I saved from the time I made it at Audrey's birthday in middle school. I didn't have any other makeup; I just didn't care what the people at school thought I looked like. I mean, no boy will ever live up to Harry Styles, so why bother trying to impress them when I can just continue to be sad that he has no idea I exist?

After dabbing on a touch of lip gloss, I pause before throwing it in my purse. You never know! He might just invite me backstage after the show, and by then it would have faded away. Ha, I'm getting way ahead of myself. Okay, maybe I need another sobbing session to fully accept that he'll never ever know who I am, let alone fall in love with me... Whatever. 

"Remember, Olivia, you're going to enjoy the music, not the presence of Harry Styles." I mumble it over and over as I throw my book and house key into my purse. Running out the door, I wave at my dad and he gives me a thumbs up. "But no one said it couldn't be both."

Kate sticks her head out from the roof of the car, waving me over. "C'mon, Olivia! If we get there early we might be able to hear them warming up!"

I run over and hop in shot gun, Audrey at the wheel. "Olivia, what the hell is that outfit," she rolls her eyes. "It looks like what my little sister wears to Sunday mass."

"I put on lip gloss!" I say indignantly. "And clear mascara!"

Both she and Kate have on crop tops and miniskirts, as predicted, hoop earrings dangling down and heels so high I doubt Audrey could even stamp the brakes. "Olivia, I love your sweater," Kate says, smacking Audrey's arm. "It's super cute."

"I never said I didn't like it!" Audrey giggles and smacks her back. "Just saying, Olivia, you're literally the prettiest girl at our school and totally have a chance. Just trying to help you out here."

I roll my eyes. "There is no 'chance.' It's not like I'm going to seduce him, I'm literally just going to enjoy the songs on their new album."

"Sorry, can't hear you!" Kate drowns me out while cranking up the radio. Everybody Talks starts blasting from the speakers. "Too busy not listening to your stupid excuses, you know that is such a lie," she giggles. 

Audrey gears the car into motion and starts speeding down the street. Kate pulls me to stand, waist up from the open roof of the car. The wind rips through our hair as the song continues to play. 

"Hey baby, won't you look my way?" I could be your new addiction." All three of us are singing, speeding towards the venue at a rate that will get us there in ten minutes even though the concert won't start for another hour.

*Hi everyone! This is the first chapter; I know it's pretty short, the next chapters will definitely be longer. If anyone's reading, thank you so much! This is my first story so please lmk what you guys want to read, what you want to happen, suggestions, etc. Hope you guys like it!