Chapter 5

"Derek's POV"

"Derek's POV"

I was sitting on the couch in my loft together with Peter and Breaden. I couldn't stop looking at my reflection in my sunglasses. Mostly focusing on my eyes. Why are they different, what has changed.

"That table is Italian" Peter said in a snarky comment.

"So are these boots" Breaden said shrugging. It made me laugh. "Are we going to talk interior design and fashion or are we going to talk numbers? Peter wrote down a sum of money on a piece of paper and pushed it over to Breaden.

She didn't looked pleased as she wrote down a new sum and gave it back. He scoffed at her as he wrote down another one. She didn't take no for an answer and pushed it back showing him she was serious.

"We're hiring you to find Kate, not assassinating the president." He told her.

"I was hired by the Calaveras to find Kate. Your hiring me to find her first. Going against the Calaveras is what's going to cost you." She said calmly. I was getting impatient. I put the singlasses down as she was eyeing me.

"We'll pay, just find Kate that's all we want." I told her. She gave me a nod of conformation as she got up. Peter walked her to the door and closed it after her. I could tell he wasn't happy and it was getting on my nerves. How Luisa managed to be near the guy without losing her mind was beyond me. Even back the nhe got on my nerves, even if we got along.

"Are you insane" Peter asked me angrily.

"We don't have a choice. We spent a week looking for her, and came up with nothing." I told him in the same tone.

"If we don't find out who told Kate about the vault, we don't get those bonds back. What do you think I'm going to do then , huh? Get a job? My resume is slightly out of date! We got robbed, Derek, robbed!" I roard at him as my anger took over and showed him my eyes.

"Oh..that's a new look for you, what happened to your eyes" He asked anxiously.

"I don't know....but I'm willing to pay to find out. I told him seriously.

"Stiles POV"

"Of course your still the team captain, You got your grades up right, like coach told you to?" I asked him. Trying to comfort Scott as we made our way to the lacrosse field before practise started.

"Yeah, but he never told me I was back on the team. He just said to show up at tryouts today."

"We got bigger things to deal with anyway. Did you tell Argent yet?" I asked him changing topic.

"Uh, I texted him. He didn't get back to me." I looked at him like he was insane.

"You told him his sister Kate came back from the dead over a text." I couldn't even imagine someone telling me something like that big over a text.

"I didn't have the money to call france" He said with a sheepishly grin on his face.

"Yeah, you think you got money problems? Try paying for an MRI and a visit to Eichen house".

"Another notice?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, and this one said final." I sighted. " Now, what the hell are we doing here anyway? We got like onehundred and seventeen million problems, and worrying about our status on the across team is not one of them."

"It is now" He said as he looked passed me to the field where a kid was standing in goal catching every single ball.

"Who the hell is that?" I asked as Scott and I heard Garett call him Liam, telling him he might become the first freshmen captain ever. It made me a bit uneasy...for Scott, not me. I suck terribly, I couldn't care less. I looked over to Scott.

"Okay, maybe we should practise just a little bit."

We made our way into the boys locker room to confront Liam before the practice game later today.

"Hey, Liam...you want to explain what that was out there." I asked him. He turned around giving me his full attention.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused.

"That little display, Your little circus act."

"What circus act?" Now he looked even more confused.

"You caught every shot." He looked at me for a short bit bettore answering.

"I was in goal"

"Yeah but nothing got passed you, Not a single shot got passed you!" I was frustrated. How did this guy do it. I needed to know.

"Yeah, I was the goalie...Have you played this game before.?" Thinking maybe that was their reason for asking the way they did.

"Your a freshmen right" Scott asked him. I could tell where he was going with this.

"Yeah...." He wondered.

"But you weren't here last semester" I stated.

"I was transferred from Devenford Prep." Scott frowned at this giving away that he was lying.

"You transferred?" Scott asked again. Liam got a little nervous.

"Yeah"

"No...You got kicked out didn't you?" Liam got really frustrated. Something he seemed to get a lot.

"All right, Look kicked out or transferred. What do you guys care? I came here to play lacrosse. The team could use a few good players right?" He asked trying to calm down.

"No, no we don't need anymore good players" Scott interrupted me before I could continue.

"Actually we could sort of use a couple" I gave him a look telling him to shut up.

"Okay, how did you get this good? Have you always been this good? Or did it suddenly happen just once over night? Have you ever been out in the middle of the wood during a full-" Scott interrupted me again before I said something even more ridiculous to Liam. Well ridicoulus to him. I needed to know if he'll be a problem.

"hmm, look, I learned from my stepfather, all right? He made team captain when he was a sophomore. Just like you" Liam said looking at Scott before he continued what he was going to say.

"And yeah, I guess I'm just that good" He took his stuff and walked out of the locker room.

"He wasn't lying that time." Scott said looking at me.