Brothers and Betrayals

Third Person:

Savannah had Lily ready to go to her rehearsal, and smiled at Bryan as he walked in. He smiled at two of the four most important people in his life, and picked Lily up, swinging her around. The front door opened, and Bryan put his hand in front of Savannah to protect her and his youngest daughter.

"Dad? Mom?" They heard Jacob call out, and Bryan was the first to react to his tone. The three rushed downstairs, where Avalon and Jacob sat on the couch. Jake stood up, and looked at his mother. "So, Avalon can't go to school today. Brad tried to talk to her, again."

Savannah sighed, heading into the kitchen. She grabbed her phone, and started calling the school to let them know that Avalon wasn't feeling good, and Jacob wouldn't be in until 10:45. It was only 8:30, that gave him a couple hours to comfort his twin sister.

"Alright, Mrs. Gardner," the secretary said. "Hope Avalon feels better in time for the big game this week."

"Thank you, Mrs. Fletcher," Savannah said. "I'm sure she'll be just fine before the big game."

She hung up, looking at her only son. He nodded appreciatively, and looked at his sister. She was curled up into her father's side, and looked up when she noticed that he was looking at her.

"What do you want, weirdo?" She asked, trying to sound like herself through her tears so Lily didn't question why exactly she came home.

"Well, I was going to ask if you just wanted to go drive around with your favorite brother for a while, and just talk, but I guess I'll just have to go to Hotnest myself now."

Avalon's POV:

I knew that I should stay home and deal with the fact that a former best friend had tried to talk to me. But I couldn't. I looked up from where I was, to see Dad looking down at me, waiting to see what my answer would be. I sighed, and he removed his arm from around my shoulder, letting me go if I so chose to do so. Getting up, I grabbed at the keys, but Jake already had them in his hand. I groaned, and he laughed.

"You ain't driving while there are tears streaming down your face," he said, and I crossed my arms. "Avalon, you aren't getting the keys. Now c'mon. Let's get out of here. Mom, Dad, I'll have her home by 10:30, and I'll be at school by 10:45. Don't worry about me."

Dad muttered something under his breath, and Mom swatted at him lightly.

"Go, be siblings. But remember, Jake. 10:45. You will not miss all day, because your sister ain't feeling good. You gotta practice."

"Alright, Mom," he said, and we finally managed to make it out the door. After driving to the next town over, we stopped at our favorite restaurant. We went in, and ordered our typical meals. A hamburger topped with extra pickles alongside a basket of fries covered in their homemade fire sauce for me, and a spicy chicken sandwich with extra spice, alongside a basket of fries covered in the same sauce for Jake.

At some point, he called Mia, and put her on speaker. It didn't sound like she was in school, however, but I couldn't place where she was.

"Hey, Mia?" Jake asked, and Mia asked what he wanted this time. "Could you by chance take notes in math next period for me? I took Avalon home, and ain't coming in until 10:45. I really just need the homework."

"Uh, about that," she said. "I really can't get your math homework for you. I ain't at school still."

Mia's POV:

I got to the school around 7:45, around the same time that I saw Jake and Avalon pull in. However, I saw Alice, and walked over to her. We went inside, as I would see both the twins at lunch, and Jake was in my math class.