Ch.08-The Unknown Enemy

Lan Wangji's POV...

Lan Zhan, watch out! Those words have been going through my mind all day. Yiling Patriarch. Who are you exactly?

"Second Lan Childe, would you care to join us for dinner?"

"No need. I intend to retire to my room for the night."

I returned to my room only to find someone knocking on my door a second later.

"Brother, can I help you?"

"Wangji, there's something I would like to discuss with you." My brother bowed as he entered my room.

"What is it, brother?"I asked as I closed my door

"Wangji, do you think the Yiling Patriarch is Wei Wuxian?" Lan Xi Chen asked suddenly

"What makes you say that?"

"Yiling Patriarch called you Lan Zhan and pulled you out of danger earlier, or did you not noticed?"

"I noticed. I just thought it was some sort of hallucination."

"If Wei Wuxian is truly the Yiling Patriarch who has been helping these refugees all these years, then whose the enemy kidnapping those children?"

Who is the enemy?

"Brother, I would like to ask permission to go alone to the ancient library in Caiyi town we passed by earlier."

"Mn."

I will depart tomorrow morning to look for information based on the forbidden beast."

"Mn. I will stay here and help the refugees with Yiling Patriarch. There's something I want to discuss with him.

"Mn." I nodded as I walked my brother on his way out.