Chapter 1

Mightillustrater, Cat Noir and I swung off into the Parisian sunset to fight evil another day.

"Wow, Marc, you really know how to write."

Marc jumped at Marinette's words, partly because he didn't see her, partly because he didn't know she was reading his work.

"I- um- You really think so?"

Marc's ears turned pink, embarrassed by anyone seeing his work.

"Yeah, you should put them on Wattpad or Tapas or something. I bet you'd be popular."

"Thanks, Marinette, but I don't think I could. I don't really like other people seeing my work..."

"I think people would really like it. Even from just the page I read, it was great."

"Thanks Marinette, but I really don't like sharing my work."

Marc stood up and made his way to bathroom, dropping his black pleather notebook in his hurry.

Marinette stared at the notebook for a while, then picked it up, opening it and reading from the beginning. Just one page, that couldn't hurt anyone right?

The Diary Of Ladybug

That Nathaniel boy was akumatised, and turned into Evillustrator - he had gained the power to make anything he drew a reality. I've seen him before, we go to the same school after all, but I've never really spoken to him.

Marinette froze. Did Marc know her secret identity? She continued.

Sometimes I stared at him from across the classroom, gazing at those hypnotic seafoam eyes, just barely hidden behind his fiery red hair. Marinette often has to physically pull me away to get me to focus on class.

Marinette let out a breath of relief.

I saw him rush out of Ms Mendeleiev's class, and I asked to go to the bathroom. I didn't have to go, but I wanted to make sure he was ok. Evidently he wasn't, as a small black and white butterfly landed on his stylus.

"Nathaniel..?"

He was consumed by darkness, starting with his right hand and spreading to the rest of his body. He turned into this figure in black and white stripes, his thick red hair more orange than before, and much shorter.

"Nathaniel is no more. I am Evillustrator!"

I ran to the bathroom to transform, but when I returned, he was no where to be found.

One page. That was Marinette's promise to herself, and she intended to keep it. She closed the book and started looking for Marc. She found him under the stairs, frantically searching through his backpack.

"Hey Marc..."

"Marinette! Did you-"

"I read it... Only the first page through! And it was really good."

Marc was lost for words.

"I suppose Ladybug writes a lot about Nathaniel, huh?"

"Oh god, you're not gonna tell anyone, are you?"

Marinette knelt in front of him, placing her hand on his shoulder. "I would never. I know what it's like to have a secret."

"You mean your crush on Adrien? Everyone knows about that. It's painfully obvious."

"Uh- I- Yeah! Anyway, you should team up with him, he's looking for a script writer."

"I'd love to, but I don't think I could ask."