The Chosen One

Kaylen surprised Rey with a beautiful Jedi tunic of the same colour as hers, light and dark grey, dark grey trousers, and leather accessories. She dressed in a corner of the living room, disregarding that the guards could see her, hiding her handmade knife in one of the folds of the front. The most surprising thing was when Kaydel handed her not just any sword, but her own, a long silver blade with a pale, almost yellow wooden handle from a branch of her favourite tree of the farm. Just by touching it, the 1826 days that she has been separated vanish upon contact, performing various combat poses with ease.

Seeing her reflection on the windows, with that beautiful and distinguished updo from General Leia Organa, Rey knew with regret that she still had something else to do. Holding back the new wave of tears she wanted to shed, she removed the bobby pins that held the braids in place. Picking up the sword and without hesitation, she chops her hair, the long crinkles falling to the ground with a thud.

When she turns to pick them up, she finds Ben kneeling behind her, dressed in his black Kylo Ren armour and long cape blending perfectly with the black stone of the floor. His hands are hidden in thick black leather gloves, squeezing her braids tightly. Rey doesn't need magic to feel the pain and anger dominating every corner of his mind. If there's any vestige of the Ben she loved, it must be a tiny halo of light surrounded by the darkness that reigned in his soul.

Kaydel's standing behind him, giving them both a sincere compassionate look, hiding it as Kylo Ren bolts upright, throwing her braids into the flames burning inside the fireplace. Rey tries to stop him, but she doesn't have time, and when she tries to catch his gaze, he dodges it. "Lieutenant Tico, the handcuffs."

Rose approaches immediately. Giving her a shy smile, the soldier takes away her sword and places thick handcuffs on her wrists, causing Rey's heart to sink even further into her chest, wondering if she's once again fooled; but that idea banishes suddenly as she sees how Ben hasn't taken his gaze away from the place where her hair was reduced to ashes; a monster wouldn't care about it.

The Lieutenant grabs Rey by the arm and guides her toward the apartment door, Finn opening it to escort them. Rey doesn't dare to turn around, this whole situation was terribly familiar and painful, to see him once more assuming that personality that he deeply hated and brought out the worst in his soul. What very few people knew was why Ben hated being a double spy. When Grand Master Yoda and Governor Anakin Skywalker had gained ground to overthrow Emperor Palpatine and reinstate the free government of the Kingdom, the cunning emperor attempted to kidnap lady Padmé Amidala, Anakin's wife, who was about to give birth to the twins. She managed to escape thanks to the arrival in time of the wizard Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin's closes friend and mentor, who prevented the imperial guards from taking her away, but in the struggle, she was fatally wounded.

With Grand Master Yoda help, Obi-Wan managed to deliver the twins into the world, but no matter how hard they tried they couldn't save Padmé's life. Anakin Skywalker, who in addition to being the Governor of the Kingdom was also a Jedi Wizard, let himself be carried away by his hatred, the same that he worked so hard to keep under control. By it, Anakin wiped out not only Emperor Palpatine and the entire imperial guards that protected him, but also half of the capital and Master Yoda, who tried unsuccessfully to contain Anakin and his force. This's what ended the Great War.

From their father, the twins Leia and Luke inherited being receptacles of magic, but not that dark magic that could be devastating if not contained. However, when Leia gave birth to Ben, all of her worst fears came true. Ben not only inherited the powers from his mother but all the dark powers from his grandfather. Within Ben's mind existed a core of very powerful dark magic, so from an early age, he was trained by now Master, Obi-Wan Kenobi, to control it.