EPILOGUE

*SPOILERS AHEAD IF YOU HAVEN'T FINISHED READING THE MANGA*
-----------------

A lot of things happened over the past years.

Shouyo moved in with me... We played in the olympics together... Then, we parted for a few years to chase after more difficult games. I played for Italy, and he played for Brazil. When our teams fought each other, it was another intense match and joyous reunion for the both of us.

But we didn't break up this time. Through it all, despite the distance between us, we fought for our relationship against all odds.

We made time for each other no matter what. There were days when training was brutal. On those days, we just video called and stared at each other until one of us fell asleep. Usually, he zonked out first because of the time difference.

We also flew a couple of times to each other's country, whenever our team permitted it.

But today... Today marks the day of Shouyo's return from Brazil. I got back a month earlier. And I used that time to fix up our apartment.

I was waiting for him in the airport, wearing a disguise, when a bunch of girls with banners moved in front of me.

"I heard ninja Shouyo's plane just landed," girl#1 gushed. Somehow, his nickname in beach volleyball remained even in indoor volleyball.

There was a lot of girlish squealing. Then, girl#2 said, "do you think he'll be okay with having a picture taken with us?"

Like hell I'll let them.

Just then, someone shouted, "it's ninja Shouyo!!!"

I watched as Shouyo scanned the crowd, looking for me. But a bunch of girls encircled him, screaming like a possessed cult.

Shouyo smiled at them kindly, and proceeded signing shirts and balls. I felt the monster in me crawling out.

Pulling down my hoodie and removing my sun glasses, I cut through the screaming fans angrily. There was a moment of stunned silence when I placed my arm around his shoulder and took his luggage with my other hand. Shouyo looked up, surprised. When his eyes landed on mine, his eyes shone.

"Tobio! You came!"

"Of course I came," I grumbled. When did I ever miss fetching him in the airport? "Dumbass!"

"I-it's Tobio Kageyama!" Someone whispered. "His boyfriend! The setter for Italy team. Remember their match against ninja Shouyo? It was so intense."

Shouyo's fans backed away, terrified. Which was a smart move. I had the reputation to be rude to Shouyo's fans.

Shouyo gave one last smile to his fans and said something along the lines of thank you and sorry, then I pulled him away from them.

Shouyo couldn't help but laugh. "Why are you still not used to this? You have a league of adoring fans yourself. You should understand!"

I gave Shouyo a death glare. "And why are you used to this?? Stop being friendly with everyone! I've been saying this since high school! You never learn!"

Shouyo gave me his signature smile. "Sillyama! As if I'll fall in love with anyone other than you!"

"Damn straight!" I mumbled. "Dumbass Shouyo!"

When we went inside the car, suddenly, Shouyo grabbed me by my shirt collar and kissed me.

And of course, I happily obliged.

--------
Hinata Shouyo

Tobio was acting a bit strange on the way back to the apartment, but Shouyo decided not to bring it up.