chapter fourteen.

[!] tw // mentions of sex and smoking
-

"good morning, sir! breakfast on the dining," one of the two servants announces as they go downstairs.

"thank you." donghyuck smiles a bit. "by the way, this is huang renjun, my boyfriend. i want you to serve him too."

"yes, sir!"

renjun smiles nervously. "h-hello," he greets the female servant.

she smiles widely at her and bows, "good morning, mr. huang. i'm yujin, and that one right there," he points at the guy who's wiping the center table, "that's jinyoung. we're siblings."

"nice to meet you! uhm, just call me renjun or renjunnie, no need to be formal."

yujin nods, "i'll take note of that, renjun."

"let's go eat?" donghyuck asks and renjun just nods.

they walk to the dining area and sit across each other. donghyuck puts some rice and dish on renjun's plate before putting some on his.

while they're eating, donghyuck suddenly speaks. "so, let's get to know each other better. i want you to tell me about yourself."

"i don't want to talk about my family." renjun chews on his rice.

"well, i said 'yourself', not your family." the older chuckles.

"but when you say tell about oneself, that includes family." he frowns.

"no, injun. i only want you to talk about yourself, don't bring up anything about your family if you don't want to," donghyuck says, serious expression written on his face.

renjun gulps and smiles apologetically, "i'm sorry."

"don't worry about it. now, again, tell me about yourself." donghyuck smiles, continuing to eat.

"hm, i'm currently in 2nd year college, major in literature. i was supposed to register in fine arts but then i changed my mind because i don't want to make my hobby a major."

"oh, so you like to draw?" donghyuck interrupts.

he nods, "yes, i used to like drawing. i would always open my sketchbook and then draw random characters i can think of, or even freestyle. but then i lost interest because i got insecure by my skills, i feel like i'm not good enough."

"no! you're great, injun-ah. who says you're not good enough? i wanna see your drawings, show me them next time." renjun smiles at donghyuck's cuteness.

"they're at my house, i don't wanna go back there." he pouts. "anyway, my favorite color is yellow, because that's what my surname mean."

"huang means yellow?" renjun nods. "that's cute! i can call you yellow renjun or yellow injun." donghyuck giggles. "what else?"

"i like strawberries! i was really glad when you bought me strawberries. when i was a kid, my mom—biological mom—would make strawberry shake for me to bring at school. ugh, i miss those days." he sighs.

"renjun, i told you—"

"it's okay! i'm fine." he smiles. "uhm, what else?" renjun grabs the glass of water and drinks from it while thinking about what else should he tell him. afterwards, he puts down the glass on the table. "i can't think of any."

"what's your most memorable birthday?" donghyuck asks, consuming the last bits of his food.

renjun pouts as he thinks of any memory. "hm, probably my 7th birthday. they prepared a party for me in a big venue, most of our relatives were there. probably one of my happiest birthdays too because my dad gave me a stuffed toy as a gift. but it's at my house."

"are you an only child? i mean, from your biological parents," donghyuck asks, grabbing his glass of water.

the younger nods, "yes, i am. how about you?"

"no. i'm an eldest," donghyuck replies, "i have a twin sister and two younger brothers. one of them are the same age as you."

renjun finally finishes his food and proceeds to drink water. "so, it's your turn."

"i like to smoke," the older begins, "when i was 15, i saw one of my highschool friends smoking. he offered me one cigarette, and i got curious, that's why i tried it. and i actually liked it. so, when i was your age, 18 years old, i started to make smoking as my habit when my family left me in this big mansion. i actually don't know where they are now and i don't care."

"you've been smoking for 5 years?" renjun shockingly asks. "oh my god!"

"almost, but yeah." donghyuck chuckles. "drinking? not really, but when i feel like i want to drink, i would drink. i don't like gambling but yeah, i do it to earn more money."

"when was the first time you had sex and how old were you?" renjun leans forward.

"i was sixteen." donghyuck suddenly fidgets, "i didn't like it. that time, i was disgusted by the thought of sex. but then when i was your age, again, i tried it once more. i don't feel good but it eases my stress. i couldn't count how many people i have sex with."

"ugh, stop!" renjun shivers, "i don't wanna hear it anymore. i shouldn't have asked, it's my fault." he bites his lip.

donghyuck stands up from the chair and approaches his boyfriend. "let's go to bedroom." he holds his hand and drags him up upstairs.

when they arrive there, they enter the room and donghyuck closes the door.

renjun lays on the bed, facing the wall. seeing his boyfriend looks upset, donghyuck purses his lips and lay beside him, spooning him on the bed.

"are you... are you upset?" he asks.

"i am. but with myself. i shouldn't have asked that stupid question." renjun sighs and turns to face donghyuck.

"you were curious, it's okay. just forget about it, injun." donghyuck hugs renjun. the latter hugs him back, burrying his face in the crook of the older's neck.

"promise me, you'll never have sex with anyone anymore except me," renjun mumbles, but donghyuck heard it.

he nods and carresses his boyfriend's back, "i promise. after we made love, i certainly don't want to have sex with anyone else anymore."

renjun smiles and hugs him even tighter.
-