Chapter 42 ~ Cocky

°• Do What The Dark Lord Says •°

The days grew short, the nights drawing in quickly. It was getting cold two. Especially being in the Slytherin dungeons, most of the time you couldn't feel you toes or your fingers. Despite how much I hated this time of year, I couldnt help but think, how beautiful it was.

The way the snow dusted the tops of the trees, made it look like someone had dusted sugar on the world. The grass was no longer green, well, not even able to be seen. The world had become a blank canvas, ready to be drawn upon again. It didnt really snow that often where I lived, so when it did, it made my whole life, some what, more magical. Despite it being my least favourite time of the year.

The reason for that, is the fact, I've never had a proper christmas, with a real family. I mean, christmas with the Knights was always fun, but I never felt like I, belonged with them. I always felt like there was something missing. I always thought it was because I didnt have Harry, which was true, but It was something else.

I was never with my true family.

But this year, it was far from that. Christmas was in a couple of weeks, and for the first time in awhile, I was actually excited for it. I was with my real family this year. Being with Sirius, Molly, the twins, Ron even, it felt like I was home. That piece missing all along, was them. The family I had been missing, was right infront of me.

And I knew I had to savour those moments, because I knew, next year, that wasnt the case. I dont know where I'll be, or what happends, but I know that the decision I make at the end of the year, will completely change that for me. Despite losing Draco this week, and him being complete rude and ignorant, I couldnt let him get hurt. I couldnt let my foster family get hurt. I had to do what I feared most.

Do what the Dark Lord says.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"Where do you think your going, Potter?" I heard a familiar voice say behind me. Of course I couldnt tell him where I was really going, but luckily i had my guitar. "And whys that any of your business Malfoy?" I was now facing him, my face coldly staring at his. "Well you know Potter, now that I am now in the inquisitoral squad," he was now walking towards me slowly "that means i have to know what every one is doing, at all times."

His face was bow uncomfortably close to mine. We still hadn't spoken since that night, except from an insult from him every now and then, so being this close in proximity to him, was extremely uncomfortable. I diverted my eyes down to his badge, that was proudly placed on his robe. I carefully picked it up, expecting him to slap my hand away, but he didnt.

"So," I started, examining the badge "your her little spy. How, how do I put this? Thats very cowardly of you, Draco." I looked back up at him, his stare as cold as mine. "Anyway" I picked up case "as much as this has been, fun" I said sarcastically "I have to go." I began to walk away.

"You never answered my question!" He called after me. "Where do you think!" I called back, waving my case in the air. "Being a spy, your not very good at noticing things!" And with that, I turned the corner and out of his sight, slipping into the room of requirements without a trace.

"Hey, sorry I'm late." I said, rushing in towards my brother "Malfoy held me up." "Why?" Fred asked quickly, "he was asking me where I was going, but luckily I always carry my guitar."

We were all stood in a circle, the makeshift robot in the middle. We all held our wands at the ready, making sure to shoot a spell when it came near. "Expelliarmus" "stupefy!" Loud calls filled the room, bright flashing lights added to the effect.

"Reducto!" Ginny called, hitting the robot, causing a huge flash of light, before it crumbling into a pile of rubble. We all looked at her stund. "Who knew she'd be the strongest Weasley" I nudge Fred. He nudged me back, causing me to giggle even more.

"Well we all know Harry's the strongest Potter." He teased back. I just shook my head at him "we all know that's not true."
"Yeah, I cant argue with that" he agreed.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

We checked the close was clear, and headed out of the room. The twins and I turned the corner, to see a pile of bodies lying in a cupboard. I smirked at the boys, before leaning on the wall next to the door. "Next time Malfoy, I wouldn't be so cocky." He heard my voice and quickly stood up, brushing down his robe.

"Following me now?" I questioned, for some reason, my body was filled with confidence. "I will catch your brother!" He said storming up to me "one step closer to her Malfoy, and your dead." Fred said, him and his brother now stood infront of me. I gently grabbed him by the shoulder, giving him a reassuring nod, before stepping closer to Malfoy.

"I'm sure you will, Malfoy. I'm. Sure. You .Will." I smiled sweetly, letting out a small laugh, then walking around the group.

Passive aggressive much?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! I would like to thankyou on how much love your giving this story! It means so much to me!
~ Emily xx