prologue

Cold, arrogant-looking, serious, studious, and elegant. Those words perfectly describe Mina, the school's best student. In what field? From sports, to student governments, and in academics, she's the best in all. Although she may look cold on the outside, only her friends are able to make her melt inside the school. One more thing about her is that she is very competitive. Especially when it comes to her biggest rival- Kim Mingyu.

Well technically, they aren't rivals because they're still friends, and are close with each other, but their grades, and works are what make them almost hate each other. Mingyu is also the school's best student, alongside Mina. The Student Council's President for how many years straight. He shares the same title with her, in almost everything. They both score the highest in all aspects. He has never went down the Top 1 spot, neither did Mina. Their only difference is that Mingyu's personality is a whole contrast to Mina's. You'll be able to see him out playing basketball with his friends, while Mina could be inside playing her Nintendo Switch. Nevertheless, they're always going to be the school's best students.

-------------------------

"I'll be off early." Mina says while putting her socks on, whilst sitting on the couch. "You're not going to eat breakfast?" Her dad asks from the dining table. "No, I'll just eat something in the cafeteria." Mina continues to put her socks on. Dressed in a white polo with long sleeves, a black tennis skirt, and long socks, Mina was already ready to leave. "Be good." Mina's mom kisses her forehead. "It's not like I'm gonna cause trouble." Mina mutters. "You might fight with Mingyu again, and it's only your first day." Her mom says.

Him again? Mina thought. Whenever she hears his name, she can't help but become irritated. It's hard having to share a spot with someone. Mingyu and Mina are family friends, which is why Mina can't fight with him all the time. Mina just sighs. She hates being compared to him all the time. Every single move she does, always gets compared to him. Another reason to sort of hate him too. Mina just nodded and smiled before exiting her house.

The Myouis own hospitals, Mina's mom is a lawyer, her dad's a world class Surgeon, and her older brother is a famous athlete. So no doubt they are insanely rich. It doesn't make Mina a bratty and spoiled girl though. Her driver opened up the back seat for her to enter, and so she did. "We need to pick up Sana please." Mina tells her driver.

Sana, one of Mina's best friends. She's also one of the smartest students in the school. Well, everyone in Mina's friend group is smart. Not to mention, Mingyu's friend group is also composed of top students too. Their friend groups are actually in good terms, it's just that Mina and Mingyu compete with each other a lot, causing them to take sides as well.

"Well, well, if it isn't the Myoui Mina." Mingyu greets her by the entrance. She just gave him a weird, and a confused look. "I'll be on the benches with the rest." Sana leaves Mina. Mina just gave him a "what do you want?" look. "Mr. Nam wants us in the principal's office." Mingyu tells her. "Why didn't you just say so?" Mina rolls her eyes at him.

"Oh, look! Our school's top students." The principal stands up and greets the two. They both bowed, and took the seats in front of him. "How's the event going?" Mr. Nam asks. "Everything's good, it's all under control. Well, they got it under control." Mingyu said, emphasizing the word "they". "Mina is late. What kind of Student Council Vice President is late to the first day of school?" Mingyu starts to piss her off.

Mina's mom was right. It's only the first day, yet these two are already fighting. "I'm sure she has her reasons." The principal says. Mina just raises her eyebrow at Mingyu, and stuck her tongue out at him. "Anyways, I called you guys here because your competition is near."

Ah, another school wide competition. They thought. At these sort of things, they tend to get along for the sake of their school.

"That's all, I'll call you two again once the day is nearer." The principal adds, and sends them off. "Continue the program, don't cause a mess." Mr. Nam says. He knows these two really well because he's been with them since elementary. "Mina's the one who'll most likely start a mess." Mingyu whispers, and points at Mina. His whisper didn't turn out that low, and so, Mina heard him. She gritted her teeth, and hit his chest area.