Happy Ending? Or Tragic Repeat?

No. of drafts: 21
No. of words: 26,705

Draft 1:

Tae's pov:

I woke up to ghe sound of my alarm blaring loudly.

I felt around the nightstand blindly and slammed it off.

I didn't move from the bed and laid there.

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the curtained sliding doors through which the sunlight was coming in.

Again. Those dreams.

Pha.

The person i loved with all my heart. The person i left behind in a selfish wish for him to gain happiness.

I've been searching for him for so long, but i can't find him.

Tears formed in my eyes.

He probably hates me.....

I bit my lips.

I slowly got up and went into the bathroom.

It's been like this every morning for the last 6 years now.

I regained the memories of my past life when i was 18.
Right after i finished highschool and moved into the university dorms.

Everyday i pray that i can meet him again. That i can be with him again. That i can love him again. My heart yearns for him.

But my head says otherwise. Everyday it reminds me how i selfishly left him behind. How i abandoned him when he needed my support the most. How i chose the easy way out without considering how he will feel. And everyday the thought of him hating me haunts me.

It breaks my heart just thinking about it. Even though i want nothing more than to be with him again, i know what i did was unforgiveable. And it hurts so much. Just imagining his cold eyes glaring at me. It feels as if my heart is being torn to pieces.

I did my morning routine and made my way out of my penthouse after drinking a cup of coffee.

I don't have the will to be taking care of myself properly everyday.

The situation in my current life combined with these memories and these thoughts are draining me emotionally.

But i always make sure no one else notices anything.

They only see the stoic and serious Tae Darvid who has everything anyone could ever wish for.

I smiled painfully.

If only that were true....

I stopped in the underground parking lot of my company.

Yeah. I run my own company. I took over the position of my father after he retired.

I made my way into the elevator and swiped the card for the top floor.

The top floor consists of only mu office and my secretary's office.

If anyone wants to come to that floor they will have to get permission beforehand.

Only my secretary and i have the cards needed to access this floor.

"Good morning sir." My secretary greeted me as i stepped off the floor of my office.

"Good morning Liam." I greeted him as well.

"Today your new secretary will be arriving." He said as i sat down on the chair behind my desk.

"I trust that you have chosen someone who is capable." I looked at him.