꧁40꧂

It was now April and it was the night that the prefects and Head students set up a egg hunt for younger years but the Marauders felt like they needed to take part.

"You alright Evans?" James asked with a smirk as he waited for the whistle to blow and run over all the first years. "Go away Potter." She replied, rolling her eyes as Sirius shouted at a first years.

"Let's agree to something. If I get more eggs then you, you have to go on a date with me." James stated, his smirk growing as the red head let out a huff.

"Fine. And if you lose, I wonder how you will look with blonde hair." She said, snatching a basket from the nearby desk. Then the whistle blew and all hell broke loose and James and Lily went running as fast as they could.

                                       ༒
"Where are these fucking eggs." He muttered to himself as he checked each bush and column for a small colourful egg.

Leta Lestrange was too tired for the little game her sister took part in helping with. Instead of helping like her sister suggested, she was sitting on a small wall in the courtyard, looking up at each star in the navy blue sky.

There was a rustled behind her so she jolted up, turning to look in the direction of the mysterious noise. She let out a sigh of relief when a small, blonde first year peered around the corner. They loudly gulped before asking, "Do you know where any eggs are?"

Leta nodded, pointing to a area in the courtyard where a lime green egg lay. They let out a small 'thank you' before running to the egg and carrying on.

"I see you're helping first years." James leaned on a nearby wall, a almost full basket in her hand. She rolled her eyes but then smirked at the boy. "And I'm guessing you want to know where some are." She raised her eyebrow as he got closer, nodding.

"Sorry. You're not a cute little first year." She spoke, turning her back to the boy and kicking her legs. "Oh, so I'm not cute?" He asked, swinging his legs over the wall to sit next to the Slytherin.

His jaw hung opened as she shook her head with a blank face. He pouted and looked at the ground, picking at his fingers. "I'm joking." She chuckled, using her hand to lift up his chin. "You're the cutest there is." She said with a smile as he excitedly looked up. "Am I now?" He asked again with a smirk.

He then pushed himself off the wall, standing in front of her. "You're," He paused to look the girl up and down. "Meh." He shrugged his shoulders before the girl scowled and playfully pushed him back.

"Shame when you seemed to not be able to keep your lips away from it." She smirked as she jumped off the wall. He shook his head with a small smile before bending his knees to reach her height. "I'm not that short!" She exclaimed, standing on her tiptoes before wrapping her arms around his neck and placing her lips on his.

"Potter?" They pushes each other off and looked over at Lily whose face began to grow red. "You're trying time get me to date you and you're kissing other girls." She said with a forced and annoyed smile. "It's not what it-"

"Oh, so you accidentally slipped your tongue into her mouth?" She asked with squinted eyes and her hands on her hip. "Why does everyone think we french kiss?" Leta whispered to James from one side of her mouth which made him huff. "Not now."

"I would love to hear your explanation!" She shouted, hitting her hands on the wall they were sat on, her jaw clenched. "Calm down. It's not like we are da-"

"How stupid are you!" She shouted, her voice cracking at certain points as she raised her voice. "I would prefer to not date a man slag!" Leta tried to hold back her laughs but was unable to which made James scowl at her.

"But I got more eggs then you." James said quietly, raising up his basket which was almost full. "You are unbelievable." The red head said before storming off. "That's what lots of girls say to me!" He shouted back as she stormed down the corridors.

Leta slowly clapped. "Well done Potter." She said sarcastically, slowing down her claps until they eventually stopped. "Can you talk to her?" He asked her, holding her hands in his which she pulled away from.

"James," The Slytherin sighed. "I think she might of liked you and she just saw me kiss you. I don't think that is the best thing for me to do." She said with raised eyebrows until the boy let out a small sigh, looking back at the red head.

"Look, wait a bit and talk to her." She advised, rubbing each side of his arms with her hands so he looked at her. "Is that what girls like?" He asked with a very confused look.

"Well, not me personally but others, yes." He furrowed his eyebrows for a second as he bit his bottom lip in thought before nodding. He then said goodbye and made his way back to the Gryffindor common room.

She let out a sigh as she watched the messy haired boy walked off, glancing at him then at the stone floor which she scrapped her shoe on.

                                   ༒
"It sounds like it is getting complicated." Regulus said as he lay on Leta's bed, using his elbows to support himself up. "How do you know he won't-"

He was cut off by the dark haired girl who sat down at the end of her bed, moving his legs out of the way. "I just know that he isn't like that." Regulus sighed, sitting up and swinging his legs off so he was sat beside her. "Leta, he is the first boy you have ever really 'dated'." He put quotations around 'dated' because he knew she would go ballistic at him.

"I know but-"

"Leta, I care about you and I don't want you getting hurt." He interrupted her, taking her hands and looking into her dark eyes.

"Sweet, but don't interrupt me again." She warned, snatching her hands back. "You don't love him, do you?" He asked her with a concerned tone as she stood up. "What? No way."

"I think she is does." The door swung open and Minette stepped in, leaning on the door frame. "You were listening in!" Leta exclaimed as her sister rolled her eyes and closed the door beside her. "I won't say I am because I'm not!" Leta exclaimed, walking over to her window sill.

"Why are you denying it, you keep going back to him." Regulus said which Minette hummed in agreement with, nodding in his direction.
"It's too cliche." Leta replied, sitting on the window sill and pulling a leg up to her chest. "Falling in love with a boy who likes another." She paused, spinning around so she faced the others, still leaning on the window sill. "Sounds like something out of a story."