The Forest Child chapter 2

Wolf's Pov (I'll tell you his name in this chapter)

"There is an intruder on our land!" my beta, Landon, informed me.

"Its probably just another human wanting to hunt. Keep an eye on him." I said nonchalantly.

"It's giving off a strange scent. I don't think it's human!" my eyes went wide.

"Send some wolves after it!"

He nodded and called for some backup to assist him. "Alpha! We are having trouble keeping up with the intruder!" Landon said using out mental link.

"I'll grab somemore guys and meet you out there."

I grabbed some of the higher up pack members and we headed towards Landon.

We tracked the strange scent, but I don't think it was that bad smelling in fact it was rather sweet. It smelled of lavender and honey. Then we heard a twig snap and the intruder fell to the ground. I signaled for the pack to surround her. The small girl was shaking. I nudged her with my snout. She looked up and I saw into her big brown eyes. My inner wolf growled, "My Mate."

Then she started to cry. It broke my heart. I shifted back and took her in my arms. She put her arms around my neck. She closed her eyes and sighed. Did she feel it too?

Then I heard her make a small rumbling noise and her ears twitched. Ears? Oh my god, she has cat ears! And a tail! Is she a shifter too?

Miri

I was shaking. Why did these wolves attack me? I was minding my own business. Am I going to survive? I started to cry.

Then I feel a pair of warm arms wrap around me. I suddenly felt safe. I felt myself begin to purr and my tail started to sway. Then the guy started to walk and the wolves followed him. One of them started to advance towards the person holding me, and I hissed and my claws extended. The person holding my all but yelled in some strange language. He put his hands underneath my arms and held me away from him so I couldn't scratch him. He started to talk in his strange language again. I didn't know how to respond and he seemed to be getting stressed from my lack of speech.

Wolf's Pov

My mate wasn't responding to anything I said. She just tilted her head to the side and smiled cutely towards me. She giggled at my frustration. Man she's adorable. I put her on my shoulders and she started to run her fingers through my hair. After a bit she laid her head on the top of mine. Then we reached the pack house, and I noticed that she was asleep in my arms. I gently put her into the extra bedroom and walked into  the living room. All of my my pack was in there talking about our strange intruder. Then my mom came out with her wooden spoon, "Seff Lowell Ulric would you mind telling me who that girl is?"