1

"what the fuck is your problem with me?"

angel amahd summers
springfield elementary, 2009

"swish!" the sound of the ball going through the hoop echoed through the gym.

"yesirrr angel!" i received a slap on the chest by my bestfriend, mal.

"damn, gone knock a nigga lungs out his chest" i mumbled rubbing my chest as i went to go sit on one of the bleachers.

everybody said i was fire at basketball but the shit is boring in my opinion.

i guess because i never actually played a real game, maybe in middle school.

"tailan can you move! im not playing, i gotta pee!" i heard a girls voice squeal making me look at the entrance door to see what was happening.

i mentally rolled my eyes as i saw tailan blocking the door so the girl couldn't leave.

i shook my head tying my shoes and getting my things together so i could leave, i truly hate this nigga.

"where you going?" mal managed to get out as he was breathing hard as hell from playing with the other kids.

"my mom is here early so im gonna bounce, see you tonight though" i dapped him up after bouncing down from the bleachers.

tonight was our 4th grade graduation before going to middle school. the principals let us have a fun day in the gym with games and fun activities every day this week after school.

usually i stay for about a hour or so but im ready to go home plus i dont like being around too many kids, and today the gym was open to all the grades since it was the last day of school.

"damn, you cant watch where you going?" i heard after damn near getting my shoulder knocked off, making me fall to the gym floor.

"nigga you bumped into me!" i got up rubbing my butt.

"you say some?" he asked turning around to walk towards me.

everybody else scared of him, but tailan know damn well thats something i'm not.

"i said you bumped into me first" i repeated and he laughed before pushing me.

i pushed him back and he damn near fell making everyone look our way.

extra as fuck.