Part 1

After years and years of selfless work and effort, my dear company is giving me a trip for two to Tuscany! Yes.

I, who am not the type of people from traveling, jump for days with delight, because I have always wanted it, and with some sheer luck they hit me. And when the passions have calmed down a bit, I send an email to the agency to book us a four-day trip to the much desired destination.

After a long correspondence and phone call they give us a travel appointment, for me and my only child. Oh God, we will see a little white world! We make passports (a lot of money and more time), my friends buy me hats and much-needed trinkets without which it is simply impossible to visit Tuscany...

Somehow just at that time comes the date when a colleague and his wife go on a scheduled trip to Prague that he has won, and it is organized by the same agency.

I'm driving to work that morning, and a colleague calls in panic... "I'm at the bus station in Zagreb, and there's no bus to Prague!??" Namely, the gentleman from the agency told them the later date of departure?... so their bus, of course, without them, went to Prague. Because of this (incident) the worm of doubt creeps into my thoughts, but we are still looking forward and getting ready, let's move on...

The day of our departure for the much desired trip is slowly approaching, but no confirmations are coming from the agency, no one answers their phones, the panic is growing... I think, well, we have time to travel until the end of the year... so what... When after a while the news arrives that our agency failed ingloriously... it is a little clearer to my colleagues and me, but it doesn't matter, good news arrives.... The other agency will take matters into its own hands, everything is going as planned...

Only, I no longer want to travel to Tuscany. Summer has come and I insist that we replace the arrangement with some domestic trip to our blue Adriatic. The tour for Filip Jakov or Primosten fits into the term of my annual and the same 4 days (?) And I choose Primosten. Although I have never been there, and it is still what I planned, I still agree to go on our long-awaited vacation.

For some reasons (like stories from the waiting room), and many others, after three years, my only son and I are heading towards the sea. We first have a refreshment station in Zagreb one day, and then at dawn the next day, we are moving towards a given goal.

From the first attempt, I somehow manage to miss the entire entrance to the LUČKO highway, but we quickly see the mistake, turn around and get back on track. It's hot, we don't have air conditioning, we drive on the old road, but it's all irrelevant... the sea, here we are... we are coooooming.

In some about five and a half record hours we arrive at our destination. Shooting views of the blue sea, everything is as it should be, we have arrived. Our accommodation is in a four-star hotel (dear God, I haven't been in a hotel for years). Four Star my ass ... is that the view from all sides towards the sea, is that it is close to the beach and parking ... but that's all.

The balcony, you are afraid it will collapse if you lean on it (construction from the early seventies). The air conditioning consists of fans on the ceiling (like from horror movies) and some sporadic blowing under the window (which mostly serves us to cool juices).

Given the described climate, you can't sleep at night because of the heat, so the door to the balcony is constantly open, through which attacking lizards, crickets, squirrels and who knows which other animals.

Nevermind, now begins our long-awaited vacation. The food at the hotel is great, I have no complaints, but drinks are charged at a horribly expensive rate. If you go out to eat and drink in the city, pay the pepper price. I better not even talk about our traditionally known kindness.

The first morning after arrival I go down to the city and buy a newspaper in the first newsstand, and I ask the guy who works there where I can drink coffee... He directs me to a small bar and says angrily "There is the only normal place in this shithole!"

My only son and me are heading towards the beach, and although everything is very idyllic, clean, there are not many people, he constantly complains about how bored he is, no one to hang out with, no one to swim with. When whenever I say I'm going for coffee, he asks, "So how much coffee can you drink?"

Luckily he brought a laptop, so even though we don't have internet access, whenever we are in the room he watches movies and constantly complains about anything and so on indefinitely...

So, after four days (thank God, only four) I conclude that this is a deadly combination for vacation... because what would it be like if we went all the way to Tuscany...