💔HC - Erwin Smith's Memorial (LeviXErwin)💔

I was inspired to write this by the image above. This headcanon has been on my mind for the past few days.

•After Erwin Smith's passing, the Scout Regiment was never the same.

•A monument was set in his honor for his bravery in battle against the titans.

•A statue of the man riding his stallion, pointing his sword to sky, mid battle cry.

•As the scouts let go of their grief and accepted the commander's sudden death, Levi Ackerman couldn't say the same for himself.

•Everyday he would sit under Erwin's shadow to drink tea or talk about his day during his breaks.

•"That Eren brat got on my nerves again, so I sent him to clean the stables for the fifth time this week."

•"The kids have grown so tall. I really wish you could see them."

•"I miss you."

•The rest of the members of his squad would notice his behavior, but no one had the heart to call him out for it.

•Sometimes, if he noticed the statue was filthy, he would clean it diligently until it was spotless.

•"I swear, if I see bird shit on you one more time I'm gonna lose it."

•Hange was the first one to approach him one day.

•She just sat under the statue beside him and stayed there in silence.

•Levi already knew why she was there, but didn't dare to look at her.

•"What do you want, Four Eyes?"

•Hange sighed before answering.

•Her eyes on the statue.

•"I miss him too."

•Hange couldn't see the tears gathering in Levi's eyes.