the shadow in the background

smol psa: I understand Linda Iero wouldn't act like this but it's just for the story.

thnks fr rdng

---

"Liv-"

Olivia Iero wakes up to her twin standing over her, still in his pajamas. "Liv, Mom is coming by.." He mumbles.

She curses furiously in her mind and scowls at her sketchbook that was currently open on her desk. She fell asleep while sitting at her desk the night before.

"I just wanted to warn you. She didn't give me a choice of telling her not to come," Frank sighed. "She called when she was in the middle of driving here so."

Olivia nods and smiles softly at her twin. "Thanks Frankie."

Frank nods and leaves, probably going to make coffee. Olivia sighed and closed her sketchbook, she needed to clean her room seeming she was going to get ridiculed by her mother for having a messy room.

She gathered all of laundry into her basket and made her bed. The twin heard the microwave from the kitchen beep, knowing Frank was going to come in with coffee for her.

He was too good to her. She never understood why he was. She thought she didn't deserve it seeming she never did anything special for him.

Frank thought the opposite though. He would do anything for his sister.

When Olivia walked down the hall the doorbell to their small home rang. She flinched and Frank hurried to the living room. The two stared at the door for seconds, dreading for the time their mother was going to be there.

Frank sighed and opened the door. Linda Iero walked in bundled up in her pink winter coat.

"Gosh, I could've freezed out there. Took you long enough, Frankie." She sighed.

Olivia grimaces at the sound of her mother's voice. Frank shut the door behind her and apologizes to her.

"W-Will you take y-your shoes off." Olivia spoke up. "Don't want you tracking snow in, Ma." Frank added as he stood next to his sister.

"Like it would help, the carpet is already hopeless of repair," Linda rolled her eyes and kicked her heels off anyway. Frank sighed and Olivia turned to walk into the kitchen.

She really wished her mother would leave already, she could sense Frank felt the same way. Liv sat at the table and Frank passed her a cup of coffee. Prepared her special way.

"Thanks, bro." She smiled softly.

Linda entered the kitchen and sat at the table. Frank stood in the kitchen busying himself washing the dishes. "So, tell me. What have you guys been up too?" Their mother asked.

"Band practice." Frank said. "We have a gig next week. You're welcome to come."

He was only being nice, he really didn't want her to come.

"Where at?"

"Some local venue. It's on the corner of 4th and Howard." Frank told her.

Linda made of a face disgust. She tried hiding it though, but the twins picked up on it. "I'll see what my schedule is like."

"I have an a-art sh-show next week." Olivia softly spoke.

"Olivia, you know how I hate you speaking so quiet. Speak up." Her mom snapped at her.

Olivia froze and looked down at the coffee. "She has an art show next week. It's on Tuesday. It's pretty local." Frank spoke for her.

All Linda did was roll her eyes slightly.