2 • the capture...

⚠️TW: mentions of panic attacks and suicide⚠️

Zoey sat against the cushions of the couch, a cup of warm tea beside her as she opened the worn down notebook gingerly. On the back of the cover held the name of her ancestor and the date in which she started writing her journal, both written in a messy scrawl.

Emma Gambian
October 14, [__]

The year was hard to read so Zoey skirted over it with her eyes, more focused on reading the contents on the first page instead. Reading on, Zoey began to read the first sentences written in the notebook.

I'll try to keep this short because I don't really have a lot of time..
From what I remember, it was around 7 in the morning when they began to drag us out of our homes. It's all a blur but all I remember is keeping a strong grip on my bag and being thrown amongst a group of familiar and unfamiliar people and grey skinned aliens.

o———————————————o

I knew I was about to die. From how these aliens were staring at me and the other humans around me, it was pretty obvious. Their eyes were filled with bloodlust and that alone made me want to piss myself. I hugged my backpack to my chest, using it as an anchor to keep me from collapsing into a fit of snot and tears. I felt the beginnings of a panic attack at the edge of my mind, making me shake. My magenta colored hair fell in front of my eyes as I began to count to 20 in an attempt to calm my nerves before I brought unwanted attention to myself.

"1..2..3..4.."
The girl beside me began to sob softly-
"5..6..7..8"
I heard a mangled scream in the distance-
"9..10..11..12.."
The man in front of me cursed under his breath, his broken wrist held tightly-
"13..14-"

The vehicle the we were in in jolted violently, cutting off my counting. My head snapped up, eyes searching around as the aliens moved from their positions, clicking and growling as the went. The girl beside me was hyperventilating at this point, her sobbing louder than ever. Fearfully, I pulled her towards me, hushing her quietly to calm her down before she got herself killed. She gripped my sweatshirt tightly, her sobs barely muffled as she cried into my shoulder.

"You need to calm down." My voice was raspy after being quiet for what seemed like years. I began to rub her back, my efforts almost frantic as I heard the heavy thudding of footfalls coming towards us. "I-I-I c-can't" The girl blubbered wetly, her grip on my arms almost bruising. "You need to or else you will be killed."

I glanced up, seeing one of the guards watching us with sharp, yellow eyes. "I-I-I don't even care anymore!" 'Oh god, she's suicidal.' A growl from above us made me freeze, my hand flinching away from the girls back. Looking up fearfully, I saw the silhouette of one of the aliens as it towered over us ominously. I gave a whimper as it's arm shot out and grabbed the girl roughly, her sobbing cut off as she gave a scream of pain.

I began to shake once again as the girl was dragged off by her hair but, unlike her, I kept my crying as quiet as I could.

•-•