1: Naib Subedar

"Almost there......" Naib mumbled as he bit his lips while he wrinkled his eyebrows in concentration. The situation was grim. The Seer was injured, the Mind's Eye was already eliminated as she was the first caught by the Hunter Joseph. The photographer was a relentless killer as he was currently occupied with chasing the Seer. One more cipher left and he might just make it in time to trigger "Borrowed Time", a persona that allows a person to have 50% of their health restored once the gate had been open. The Mercenary hoped that the remaining Survivors had brought the persona with them as he waited anxiously for the Seer to be hit so he can crack the cipher. But in the same time, he also feared that the photographer may have brought "Detention" as well.

"Augh!" A groan was heard from the distance. The Seer was finally unable to contain the hunter any longer as he was being struck down. Naib quickly tapped on the last key before the hunter had a chance to put the Seer on the balloon. With the loud blare of alarm, the horns announced to the Survivors that the gates are accessable. The Mercenary breathed a sigh of relief and quickly shouted a message to the Seer.

"Stay there. I'm coming!"

Naib stretched his arms and cracked his neck before getting ready to run. He spot a wall and used his elbow pad as a force to help him dash. Pretty soon, he was in front of the Seer.

Just as expected, the Photographer indeed brought "Detention" as his eyes glared a dangerous red against the foggy setting of Leo's Factory. The Seer was panting in exhaustion. Perhaps it was an after effect of using "Owl" too much.

"You did good Eli. I'll take over from this point on. Go, and don't worry. I will manage." Naib patted the Seer's back as he slid behind Eli to exchange positions with him as a body shield so Eli can get to safety.

"Are you sure? He brought "Detention."

"It's not like I can't see. Just go. I'll be fine." With that, Naib gave Eli a push before stopping in front Joseph to buy Eli more time to escape.

"Tsk, too much trouble."

"Augh!" The Mercenary let out a groan of pain. The Photographer's rapier pierced through his body as Joseph chuckled darkly. "You are always in the way whenever this happens. How sweet of you to sacrifice yourself for your teammate, Naib Subedar."

The Mercenary fell on his knees as he held a hand to his side. He bent over in pain. Despite all that, he was somehow still able to insult the hunter.

"Shut the hell up. You're just salty because we did well today."

"Mind your language!" Joseph glared and gave Naib another jab of his rapier as he cried out in pain. "And yes, I am not in a great mood at all so you'll be the perfect bean bag for me to get relief from."

"Naib!" Eli stood by the door and called out worriedly.

"What are you doing standing there?! Go!" Naib coughed as a huge amount of blood begin to pour from his mouth. "Get out!"

Eli bit his lips. He gave one last look at Naib and ran to the exit.

"Good bye, Naib Subedar."

Pain and agony cruised through his body as Joseph delivered his final blow. Soon, a warm and soft glow enveloped him as he opened his eyes and found himself back at the manor lobby. He had somehow managed a tie in the match.

"Naib! Oh my lord, are you okay?"

The Mercenary looked around and saw the Seer running toward him with a hurry. "I was so worried.... I know you'd get teleported here back in the lobby but still, it's not fun to be stabbed by Joseph for sure. It must be extra painful for you....."