Forgetful Festival

Her feet chimed as she ran past the people who were suffering to get their work done. Her face was tensed, her spirit exhausted, and her eyes were almost shut because of drowsiness. She kept blaming herself internally about forgetting this lovely day. She could finally see the smiling faces of her people , gift them rewards that they deserve after such a productive year. Their hard work always gave her more courage and determination to keep her head high with pride for her kingdom, and to never hesitate to save this beautiful land of Khasgarh.

"Rani Shridatri, your civilians are waiting for your arrival-" " I sincerely apologize kripa, I'm coming there in a while, please see to it that every person is comfortable with the places assigned to them, we'll start our ceremony soon, and no one will return home dissatisfied", she gracefully replied, while applying deep kohl around her black eyes. She always adores her eyes with the most prettiest Kohls, as her father had promised to do when she was young.

Her eyes used to remind her father of Goddess Durga, the benovelent goddess with the eyes shaped like a Padma(lotus). Kripa, her maid, who seemed to always be mesmerized by her queen, meekly replied "Sure, maa, I'll see to it". Everyone of her kingdom called her maa, the mother. That expression gave her a sense of responsibility in her about her kingdom, with a pinch of patriotism.

Shridatri could listen her maid's soft payal noises fading slowly, as she indulged herself in beautifying herself again.