Breakfast

You headed to the kitchen and looked through the pantry so you could decide what to cook. You noticed you had just enough sweet berries, eggs, and flour for two servings of Tea Break Pancakes. While you were making the batter, Bennett walked in. He had the broken glass in a dust pan in one hand and a wet looking towel in the other. Your eyes widened and you gasped.

"Oh, please be careful! Set the towel down somewhere safe because there might be glass on it!"

He stepped outside to throw out the glass and place the towel on the bannister of your little front balcony. You continued to watch him when he came in. He carefully inspected his hands and washed them for good measure. Bennett held them up to you and flashed his signature grin.

"Look babe! No cuts! Nothing to worry about here!"

He ruffled your hair.. and then his breath hitched. He let out a quiet whisper.

"Or not..."

It's as if a cut magically manifested on his palm.

You gave him a look and set your bowl of pancake batter down so you could go and grab disinfectant and a bandage for him.

"Sorry, guess I spoke too soon, hehe."

Shortly after, you had him all patched up. You even kissed his palm gently over the bandage for good measure. He giggled at the gesture. A bit longer after that, you set the table and served pancakes to the both of you.

"Mmfph!! Yur alwaysh so good at cookin!" Bennett praised, stuffing his mouth.

You wiped a bit of whipped cream off of your own pancake and smeared it on the tip of his nose.

"Wha- hey! Now it's your turn!"

Life with Bennett sure is fun. Even the messy parts, like cleaning up the kitchen together after a post-breakfast food fight.