Gifts

Darcy went shopping after her first day (well, half day) at work, and stayed at a hotel in town. She'd had to invest in an entire new wardrobe (courtesy of SHIELD) because she'd left most of her things in New Mexico, not planning on the extended stay in New York. Should would be moving into the tower the next day, and she hated to admit that she was apprehensive at the least.

Darcy arrived at the helicarrier with hopes the day would run better than it had yesterday; with less tears, missing children and not quite so much mess.

When she entered the room they'd been designated that day she saw the six children sat quietly at the table, Clint and Natasha whispering to each other as Maria lectured them on appropriate behavior while aboard the helicarrier. Darcy had entered at the tail end of the lesson, just in time to hear;

"The air vents are not a suitable way to get around the halicarrier Clint and Natasha! And anyone who disobeys these rules, or what they're told by Fury and Darcy will be sent straight to bed after dinner with no deserts!"

Once Darcy had entered the room the children seemed to become even less interested in what Maria was saying and had instead focused on all the bags in her hands. Maria and Coulson said their goodbyes, Maria giving one last warning glare towards Clint and Natasha before turning to leave.
Fury was tapping away at his compute and hadn't even noticed Darcy had arrived.

She approached the table with a bright smile on her face, all six children staring at her.

"So, I got you guys some stuff to play with today"

"Neat!"

"What'd you get?"

"Thank you!"

"Toys!"

"But you guys have to promise to be good, and listen to us, and be nice to each other, deal?"

"Deal!" came six eager voices. Darcy smiled at them and started digging through her bags; she handed a pile of comic books to Steve, she'd planned to get the latest Avengers comics but wasn't sure how much about their future selves they were aware of; a team of six people with the exact same names might have been a dead giveaway so she went for the latest few issues of Fantastic Four, X-Men and Spiderman. He thanked her enthusiastically before moving over to a smaller table and eagerly opening the first comic.

Thor was given a remote control car, he was so excited he had it out the packaging and wizzing around the floor, crashing into walls before Darcy had a chance to find Tony's gift. She watched him momentarily as he purposely drove it into Director Fury's foot before spinning it round and driving it under the table.

Darcy handed Tony a 'build your own robot' kit. It was aimed at much older age range than Tony, but she figured he could handle it. His bright smile assured her he liked it and she winked at him as she handed him the small pack of screwdrivers he'd need to assemble it.

She'd gotten Bruce a coloring mat; the pen was loaded with water which showed up on the mat in color. She was hoping it would spare the room any further redecoration.

She got Clint a miniature bow and arrow, made of plastic and foam, she also got him a target in the hope he'd be so concerned with practicing and improving his aim that he wouldn't be tempted to shoot at the other kids.

And lastly she got Natasha a kids Polaroid camera and a journal. She explained to Natasha that she can take lots of photos and glue them into the journal; she could decorate it with stickers and glitter and markers and make a family album. She was so pleased with her gift that she threw her arms around Darcy's neck and hugged her tightly, before scurrying off to show Clint her present.

Darcy smiled to herself, content that they'd all been given gifts that they liked and that would hopefully keep them occupied for a while. Darcy had also bought a huge tub of lego, a scalextric set, jigsaws, marble run and a Mr Potato Head, along with Junior Clue, pop –up-pirate, twister and operation.
She'd gotten a bit excited at the toy shop, but as long as the kids were occupied they were well behaved, and that was the aim!