Dare to love

This one shot is set after the end of season 4 and before the beginning of season 5. Or Ray and Nora revealing their feelings to each other. Enjoy!

That day turned out to be tiring for the Legends. Sara and Ava were rejoicing about the success of their mission to defeat Neron. John, Charlie and Mick planned to celebrate this success by drinking. Gary still dwelt in guilt regarding his actions but he had done a good thing by freeing Nora from her duty as his Fairy Godmother. Nate was feeling as if something was missing every time he would look at Behrad, or rather someone.

As they headed to the Waverider, the Legends decided to have a pizza night to celebrate their victory from Neron and the fact that Ray and Nate literally came back from the dead. Nora was sitting awkwardly in a spot a bit far from the Legends. She didn't get to really interact with them. The few moments they lived together after her being freed from Mallus, was basically just her helping out and fighting alongside the Legends. They could be seen as 'fight buddies'. As she proceeded to think about that day and how things went downhill for her, going from Nora Darhk a powerful sorceress to Nora the Fairy Godmother, she felt as if there was a void in her. She knew that she sacrificed a whole part of what made her Nora Darhk by holding this wand and accepting the curse. But ultimately it was to save the people she loved. She did this to save Mona, but more importantly, she did this because she wanted somehow to save Ray. Thinking of him, she couldn't help but stare at him, her cheeks quickly turning into a deep shade of red as she realized that he was already watching her way, with furrowed eyebrows, as if trying to decipher what was going in her mind. Before she could react though, she felt a nudge on her shoulder and looking at her side was standing Director Sharpe with a small smile.

"Why are you standing away from everybody?" Ava asked. Nora sighed. It was weird having someone other than Ray being friendly to her.

"I don't know I mean they're enjoying their victory as a family I don't want to make it awkward I mean, both my father and I had planned on killing the Legends several times. It just feels weird sitting around the same table as them like we're all friends or family or whatever relationship that can be between us." Nora explained and Ava just smiled.

"But you're part of the Legends, now. I mean you've done a lot of bad things that I have to admit you weren't completely responsible for since you were possessed by a demon for almost all your life. You managed to show the real you, though. In the beginning, I also felt like an outcast when I was in front of them, then with time I gradually saw what it really was to be a Legend. Legends are not perfect, they make mistakes but the thing with Legends is that at the end their imperfection makes them perfect. Moreover, I feel like one of the Legends may find it awesome to have you onboard, permanently" Ava trailed off and Nora again looked at Ray who was still looking at her with these puppy eyes of his, as if completely oblivious to what was the next move.

She knew they needed to talk about a lot of stuff, including that hungry kiss she gave him when they met in hell. She was new in feelings and romance and whatever that was blossoming between them but she knew two things. One, she didn't regret kissing him. Two, she wouldn't mind a lifetime spent kissing Ray Palmer.

"All right kids, I think it's time to call it a night!" Sara said and the group was too tired to deny a good sleep. Nora Darhk was not the one to freak out. But that night, as she saw Ray Palmer walking to her for them to go to his room together, she felt as if her whole body wanted to disappear. She just couldn't ask to share one of the girl's room that night. Though Charlie was in the shape of a woman she was a shape-shifter which was awkward and Mona? Even though she grew fond of her (she would never admit that), Mona could be annoying and if she was to leave Ray's room, she wouldn't let Nora sleep for the rest of the night Maybe she could-