21

"What?", he asked as I jumped off the bed in shock and pulled my night robe around me, "Have I done something wrong?"

I continued to ignore him and shook my head frivolously.

He did not just say that. This cannot be happening.

"Eleanor will you at least say something?", he asked as he sat on the edge of my bed watching me pace around the room.

"It's just-", I ran my hands through my hair and scoffed, "It's just...a lot to take in right now."

He got up and walked over to me, "Listen it was all in the heat of the moment and I just- it just happened. I'm sorry as I know it's too soon-"

"It's not too soon it's just not right!", I blurted out thoughtlessly.

"What?", he shook his head with confusion, "Whatever do you mean? I thought everything was-"

"It is...no it- it is", I reassured him and put my hand on my forehead exasperatedly, "I think I just need a moment", I stared at the ceiling manically, "Yes. I need fresh air. Mhm, that is exactly what I need."

He looked at me worriedly at my chaotic burst of emotions, "Okay-"

"And maybe a shot of vodka- or two", I muttered to myself as I put on my shoes, a coat, a scarf, and a hat.

"Eleanor, just calm down and we can talk about this", he grabbed my hand.

I looked at him senselessly and tried to gather my thoughts.

"No", I whispered and took a deep breath.

That was all I could manage to say to him before I nodded my head and slipped out the doors and over the balcony.

••••

"Vodka, vodka", I whispered to myself, "Where might there be vodka?"

I kicked a rock against the snowy sidewalk and continued down the road.

"If it had been any other day", I talked aloud to myself, "Or any other moment, I would've said it back. Yes, you would've", I reassured myself.

"It's just with Sirius, and- and-"

I sighed and fell back into the snow. I had to have been walking carelessly for a mile because I did not recognize my environment offhand. Maybe I was just losing my mind.

"I THINK I AM LOSING MY MIND!", I released my thoughts into the air.

"Rough night?", a shadowy presence stood over me.

"Holy mother of-", I shot up and scooted against the snow.

He was staring at me coldly, as he always did with everyone, and held out to his hand to help me up.

"S-Snape?", I whispered, "What on earth are you doing here?", I grabbed his hand and stood up.

"I could ask you the same thing", he smirked, "Although from what I gather I believe we are here on the same principle."

I looked at him waiting for him to go on.

"Losing our minds."

••••

"I think I might've summoned you somehow", I smirked as I sat beside him by the train tracks, "I prayed for vodka and you show up with a bottle in hand."

I took a swig and handed it back to him.

He hadn't said much in the duration that I ran into him, but his company was much appreciated.