Chapter Five

Here is the fifth chapter of Descendant! 

I am thrilled that I even got so many of those nice and heartwarming reviews from the fourth one. It makes me want to strive to do better than the last and I surely hope that the next up and coming chapters will do you all proud. (I will say that these chapters will not be in the timeline of the show yet, because I want her and them to be able to actually bond before the show even starts, that way they fully trust her and her choices if something comes us - which in Peaky Blinders it does.) 

Once Again, Thank you all for such kind and lovely reviews.

Please enjoy this chapter and R & R!!

________________________________________________________________________________

•°•°•°•°•

They spoke for what seemed like hours in Tommy's room.

Rossalyn was pretty sure each of them asked a question about her life and how she appeared before them, though they received the same reply as before. But after their voices died down to slight mumbles, Rossalyn took this chance to ask her very open questions of the things going on in the year of 1919 - even if she could attempt to guess, it was better that she asked. She wondered and marveled at the honesty in their voices as the three men and two women explained the conditions and simply known rules while living in such an era (women were second and the men were first, in almost everything they did and have done.) It didn't see right with her, seeing as she was born in a time where men and women were mostly considered equals in life.

After the minimal disbelief of that, she decided to tell them of her time in the military life, and that shocked them once she explained her reach within the chain of command. Arthur especially had a hard time trying to think that a young woman could've been a Private Second Class in the military ranks, and John's wide gaze spoke of his own shock and somewhat disbelief. Not that they openly said anything, not with Tommy's silencing stares from beside them.

Polly ended their long conversation with a loud sigh.

"Well, now that we've come across such a find in our open home." Her words were sharp and exaggerated. "How the bloody hell are ya going to hide yer appearance in Small Heath?"

"I, well.." Rossalyn clutched tightly to get silver cane and glanced around the room with her brows furrowed. "I was going to try to blend in around here, until something comes up that might give me an explanation as to why I was sent here in the first place. Or if it bears down heavily on you all, I'll leave and find somewhere else to lay low..."

"Aye, well." A harsh snort escaped John's curling lips. "Yer going to have a hell of a time trying to hunker down in this shithole, lass."

Taking a deep breath Rossalyn nodded at her great-great grandfather's words of 'wisdom' and pinned him with a tired look.

"That's why I suggested such a idea, Gramps." Her snarky tone was rewarded by a hard glare from the young fair haired man. "If I attempted to waltz out into the street with the way I look right now," A pale color took hold over her peachy hue skintone. "The people would try and wrangle my ass up to just to toss me into the next mental institution."