A New Journey

Alexios adjusted his breast plate as he held his sword tightly. He looked out in the woods, the soft wind whistled through the cool night air. It was a proving to be a nice night in Ithica, a nice quiet night. The soldier sighed as he looked behind him. His master's small fortress was quiet as usual, his master, was heading to war soon, the war to end all wars. Alexios turned to Evan, the other man who was guarding with him. Evan's olive skin was dulled in the night as he stood at attention.

Evan was usually standing at attention, he took his job seriously, he was desperate for drachmas. Alexios chuckled as he shook his head, his wife wasn't with child, he had more than he needed. The guard was planning on it being a quiet night, but destiny had other plans, the wind slowly started picking up, making both guards frown. The wind grew in power, causing the trees to rustle as the wind grew stronger and stronger. The Greek held onto his helmet, he and Evan shared a look, Lord Zeus must have been upset. The sky crackled with power, as green lightning filled the sky, Alexios looked up, his eyes grew wide, "Malaka."

The pair of guards were about to run into the fortress, when it happened, the sky was lit up with a green explosion. For a moment it appeared they were under attack, but then the eerie green light stayed plastered. It screamed with power, Alexios was in awe as he watched a plume of black and red smoke shoot out of it, whistling through the air before it hit the ground, hard. Chunks of dirt and grass flew everywhere. Black and red mist ebbed from the hole. A figure emerged from the ground, it's hood was pulled all the way up, disguising it's face in darkness. It had long claws where its hands were supposed to be, they were dripping with dark blood. Alexios and Evan pulled out their swords, the figure growled and started approaching. It's long black cloak was drenched with blood.

"Stop!"

The figure charged, them but suddenly, another plume of smoke shot out from the portal, it whistled even faster as it shot through the air. Right before the figure pounced, the new shape hit the ground right in front of it.

Everything happened in a split second, the new figure thrust it's hand forward, the monstrous figure went flying as blue energy shot at him. The guards slowly realized that the new figure was not a monster, but a man. The man turned, a silver medallion dangled from his neck, it was shaped like a snarling wolf, he wore a black hood, there was blood smeared all over his mouth and clothes. His skin was gray and wrinkled like burned leather. Perhaps he was not a man.

Alexios backed up when he saw the man's most prominent feature, his eyes, they were blood red and glowing, like a demons. The man stepped forward, "Run!" he shouted. The soldiers stood there in shock, suddenly, the portal cracked again, this time it sounded more powerful than ever. The man with the medallion turned to the sky as another figure fell from the portal. But rather than a ploom of smoke, it appeared to be a small figure.

The man quickly sheathed his sword, and leapt in the direction of the last figure, moving at an inhuman speed. He caught the figure just before it hit the ground. But instead of another dark cloaked figure, it was a woman, a rather beautiful one, her hair was ashen, she wore light armor, and she had two swords on her back, Alexios was taken aback at her beauty before he looked at her further. Her skin was a light grey, her forehead was covered in sweat, she looked exhausted. Her eyes snapped open as she gasped for breath. She shoved the man aside as she slowly got up, the man gave her a concerned look.

Alexios and Evan just watched, as the woman slowly pulled her own sword, they had never seen a woman wield a sword, they just stood with their blades out, watching like idiots. The figure in black looked back up as the light above them vanished. The creature exhaled angrily and screamed in anger, it turned to the other two. The woman stumbled, her eyes were failing to focus on anything. She was struggling to stand up, let alone hold a sword. The creature laughed as it glanced at her, his voice hissed through the night air, "I'll be seeing you."