Day Ten, Letter Two

𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔯 𝔈𝔩𝔢𝔫𝔞,

Stefan is telling me I need to get out more. He says everyone's worried about me.

Damon looked up at his brother, who was looking at him disapprovingly. In the same clothes as three days ago, whole bottle of bourbon in hand, and hair a mess, the elder Salvatore certainly wasn't a pretty sight. He was sprawled in the desk chair, pen in his bourbon-less hand. He took another swig of the alcohol, not losing eye contact with Stefan, before looking back down at the paper he'd begun writing on.

I don't see why. I'm totally fine.

Stefan frowned as Damon chugged down another gulp, wishing he was human so the burn would have more effect on him.

Totally fine. Totally not about to break down and drink another full bottle of bourbon in two minutes. (That's my record right now)

Nope, I'm totally, completely and utterly fine.

Fine because I can vividly imagine you right now, coming up to me with your eyebrows furrowed and your hands on your hips.

Damon paused, looking up into the empty space between himself and Stefan on the couch on the other side of the study. He could see her so clearly.

You were cute when you were mad, you know?

He smirked drunkenly.

You would scold me for drinking. I would just smile stupidly like I am right now and wave the bottle at you dismissively because hell, I wouldn't care. No one can take my alcohol away from me.

And I have found not caring quite refreshing this past week. Because then, the thoughts of how in this moment you would've slapped me for being rude wouldn't bother me.

They wouldn't bother me at all. Not one bit.

You would've called me out so hard, calling me things like an irresponsible drunk and hey, you wouldn't be wrong.

I'd yell back at you anyway, because I'm a stubborn little asshole with too much pride. I'd say you were bossy and nosy and tell you to mind your own business and leave me alone. I wasn't wrong either.

Would you listen? Of course not. You were just as stubborn as me.

What would happen instead? We'd be at each other throats for hours until we ended up in bed, fucking our frustration out.

Later I'd be too drunk to stay awake and you would lay there, proud of yourself for getting me to put the bottle down and stop drinking.

We were a bit toxic, you know? We were poisoning ourselves, and one wrong move and we'd blow up like a landmine.

That's why we loved each other though, right? We needed to wake up in the morning not knowing if we'd have a nice conversation over a candle lit dinner or bust our vocal chords from screaming at each other for no good reason.

We were both screwed-up people. We've been through shit some people couldn't even imagine in their worst nightmares. We have trust issues and we lash out, and we need someone who could handle that. When I went crazy, you were always there for me and when you went crazy I was always there for you.

No one was ever able to handle and take care of me like you could, and Stefan was too good, too perfect for you. Always agreeing with you, always being on your side. He'd drive you nuts.

We needed a challenge. We needed a risk. Things that were unpredictable and unmanageable attracted us. We liked the game.

That's what brought us together.

You were my little brother's girlfriend and I was your boyfriend's untouchable, (much hotter) older brother.

Still, whether I was fighting with you or having the best of times with you, I could never picture my life without you.

You were my other half. The rest of the broken pieces of my broken soul. We were the pieces of a big dysfunctional puzzle. You rearranged some of my pieces and I moved some of yours. We ruined ourselves by being with each other, but who in the world cares?

Our relationship might've changed us but that doesn't mean it was for the worst. We were better, happier together.

You were the only thing that mattered to me, and you loved me no matter what.

But now you're gone.

So fuck Klaus and his "Always and Forever" bullshit, it isn't real.

Nothing is.

𝔇𝔞𝔪𝔬𝔫 𝔖𝔞𝔩𝔳𝔞𝔱𝔬𝔯𝔢

•••

[A/N] Don't mind me, just exposing the highkey toxicness of Delena ✌

Anyway, hope you enjoyed, and, much love,

chantivera 🖤