2

"im sorry"

"im sorry"

angel amahd summers
2015

i stared at the table tapping my fingers, mentally making a beat.

i had a sense to look up, my eyes automatically meeting with his. i looked back down trying to keep myself calm so i just focused on my fingers once again.

"hey" he sat down in the booth, he tried to grab my hands but i just snatched them away.

"angel..."

"so what you call me here for brah?" i cleared my throat, finally holding my head up to make eye contact.

he stared at my face for a minute and i could feel his energy shift even lower.

"im sorry angel, im so sorry" he said for the fourth time this week.

"yesterday, you told me you loved me tailan" i laughed to myself, realizing how dumb i truly am.

"today, i got fucking jumped. AND YOU LET THEM!" i slapped my hand on the table and it echoed throughout the empty restaurant.

"thats supposed to be love, tailan?"

flashback
tallahassee middle, 2012

"so did he see us?" a scared tailan asked an even more worried angel.

"bro i dont know, he told me that he just saw our faces close together and asked did we kiss" angel explained over the phone as he paced back and forth in his room.

"what did you tell him?"

"nigga i told him no duh!" angel scrunched his face up at the dumb question tailan had asked.

"this is so gay" angel thought to hisself while the phone line was silent.

"promise me you wont tell anybody angel" tailan broke the akward silence.

"i wont"

next day

"you lying ass faggot!" angel fell to the ground, confusion running through his head.

"i wouldn't kiss no boy!" tailan yelled as he kicked angel.

guilt and hurt quickly flowed through his brain realizing what he was doing, just to prove a point.

the crowd that was formed around them left and tailan was still standing was still standing above angel. he was balled up in pain.