I Accidentally Vaporize My Pre-Algebra Teacher 2

Luke's POV

Mr. Brunner kept talking about Greek funeral art.

Finally, Nancy Bobofit snickered something about the naked guy on-

"Gross." Zoë said, making a face.

-the stele, and I turned around and said, "Will you shut up?"

It came out louder than I meant it to.

"'Course it did." Harmony said, "That's Percy to ya."

The whole group laughed. Mr. Brunner stopped his story. 

"Mr. Jackson," he said, "did you have a comment?"

My face was totally red. I said, "No, sir."

"Percy showing respect. Reason number two this probably isn't Percy." I joked.

Mr. Brunner pointed to one of the pictures on the stele. "Perhaps you'll tell us what this picture represents?"

I looked at the carving, and felt a flush of relief because I actually recognized it.

"It's official. This isn't Percy." Michael said, with a smile on his face. Guess he wanted to join in too.

"That's Kronos eating his kids, right?"

"Wow Perce, you actually got something right!" Harmony exclaimed, "This is a huge accomplishment!"

"Yes," Mr. Brunner said, obviously not satisfied. "And he did this because..."

"Well..." I racked my brain to remember.

"'Course you did." Harmony chimed in.

Zoë frowned, "Do thee always shorten 'of course' into 'course'?"

"Yep." she replied, popping the 'p'.

"Kronos was the king god, and-"

"GOD?!" everyone practically screamed.

"The titan lord is not a god, you ignorant boy." Zoë said, shaking her head.

"God?" Mr. Brunner asked.

"Titan,"  I corrected myself. "And...he didn't trust his kids, who were the gods. So, um, Kronos ate them right? But his wife hid baby Zeus,-"

We snickered at Zeus's new name.

"and gave Kronos a rock to eat instead."

Harmony paused. "So, to confuse a rock with Zeus, there are only two reasons. Option one, Kronos is stupid, and doesn't know the difference between a rock and a baby god. Option two, Zeus looks like a rock."

We all laughed. Well, for Zoë, it was a smile.

"And later, when Zeus grew up, he tricked his dad into barfing up his brothers and sisters-"

"Eeew!" said one of the girls behind me.

"Eeew is right." Silena said, with a look of disgust on her face. "Imagine being in the vomit. Yuck. I'll need a trip or two to the hair salon and take many showers."

Beckendorf wrapped his strong arm affectionately around her waist, and Silena gave him a quick peck on the lips.

Bianca and Zoë had twin looks of horror on their faces, but Harmony saved them by screaming, "EWW! NO PDA! HUNTERS OF ARTEMIS PRESENT!" while dramatically shielding her eyes and looking away.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes again, but I think I'll need my eyeballs for later, thank you very much.

Both of them smiled sheepishly and pulled apart.