Chapter 10: Rebirth

*Scritch*

Another line was etched into the walls of her "room", actually, this was the 120th one. It's been four months since that demon broke Aquarius's key. In fact, after that day, he would come once or twice a week to play that same damned game, and now she really had no one left. Having to helplessly watch each of the keys, her friends and family, get broken crushed her soul into pieces. Not only that, but there would be torture sessions to try and break her. Lucy fought back at first, but soon enough she succumbed. The faster she gave them the reactions they wanted, the quicker the torture sessions would end. Constantly covered in cuts and bruises, she became immune to the pain. Doubts had always crept up into her mind, but at this point, there was no longer anything that could push them away. A shell of herself was the only thing that was left.

"... What am I even enduring this for...? How much longer do I have to stay trapped here in this hell hole... If only... If only I wasn't so useless and weak... I could've broken out of here long ago... I wouldn't have to wait like a sitting duck for others to save me..."

Whispering to herself in the darkness, she brought her knees to her chest and sat against the wall. Lucy hated how it felt to lose herself, to lose hope, but what else could she do at this point? Hunger, thirst, and darkness only occupied her mind.

Oddly enough, the air in the room was a bit humid that day, but without any windows or openings to peer through, Lucy couldn't tell what the weather outside was like.

*Drip* *Drop* *Drip* *Drop*

The water droplets falling onto the cold stone ground was reminiscent of the ticking from a clock. Listening to the rhythmic sound, it was almost as if there was a lullaby trying to put her sleep.

"...1...2...3...4...5..."

With her lids feeling dangerously heavy, she tried to count the droplets to keep her mind going and to keep herself awake. After all, today was another wretched day of torture. They would soon open the doors and drag her to another room, where they'll play with her to their hearts content. As if right on queue, the door swung open and that bastard of a "guard" strolled into the room.

"How's the little princess doing today?"

"..."

"Quiet as always aren't you?" Jinshi spoke with slight annoyance.

"You know, it was fun at first when you would glare at me with those fierce eyes of yours. It truly gave me joyous chills! But now... now you're becoming boring... and that's gonna be a BIIIIIIG problem you know?" He sneered at her.

"..."

She only looked at him with her dulled eyes.

"Well, if you're so intent on acting like this, I'll have no choice but to make it fun, but that won't be until next time... Today you have a special job to do. Ke Ke Ke."

His sinister smile made her flinch, but other than that she stayed in the corner with her frail body curled up into a ball. Walking closer and closer to her, he fiercely grabbed her hair and unshackled her. Then suddenly the world went dark. It wasn't because she fainted, but instead he had blindfolded her in an attempt to prevent her from learning the layout of their base. Although she still wanted to retaliate a little, her body was too worn out to comply with her thoughts.