chp 4

" ..huh?"

"you heard me."

"..why don't we take a walk? " 

venti desperately tries to change the subject, his palms sweaty. he's nervous. he loves xiao...but.

he knew he couldn't.

" hey , why not we go try that new restaurant you talked about last week? sounds fun , no? " venti hurriedly tries to change the subject, trying to distract xiao.

xiao notices venti's discomfort , and decides to not press him for an answer. he merely nods in silence , trailing behind venti to the new restaurant. it was a serve yourself , all you can eat buffet. he had only brought this up because he was sure venti would be interested.

going in , they're greeted by a waitress, who eyes xiao up and down.   "table for one? or are you waiting for someone?"

"..there's...two of us?" xiao replies , confused. the waitress sighs , tired. 

" sir , look. if you want to pull pranks , this isn't the time. are you waiting for someone?" xiao just nods , quiet. he glances at venti , who's staring at the floor. she seats them both , letting them know the rules and dishes available. after that , xiao immediately reaches for venti's arm. venti notices and retracts his arm.

" hey.. i'm sorry. are you okay?"

"yeah.. i'm fine. hey.. can i go to the bathroom?"

"huh? yeah ,sure!"

venti stands up , and quickly walks towards the bathroom. minutes pass. soon , hours.

venti doesn't return.