Secrets Unvail

wow you guys like my story lmaoooo
as always- art by @nois.x on insta (i forgot what they're new name is and i'm not sure if they deleted their new account again, but if you know their new user please lmk in the comments.)
Enjoy!

☆○o Y/N POV 。o○☆

I felt my eyes shot open.

tap tap tap

"Is that a bird?" I thought to myself. My eyes shifted to my alarm clock.

1:27

I rolled over to check the window where the sound was coming from. Squinting, I could see a tall figure silhouette standing outside my window. I jumped as soon as the shape became clear to me.
My body froze. Panicking, I pretended to be asleep. The figure tapped on the glass three times more.
My heart beats felt like a bass boosted speaker inside me with every beat throbbing my whole body.

"Pssst."

I stayed still, although I lowered my gaurd since they're trying to communicate with me. I would've suspected a robber, but I came to the conclusion that it wasn't since purposely trying to be noticed wouldn't benefit a robber at all.

Slowly I climbed out of bed, crouching out of view. The latch to my window seal made a click as I opened it and slid it open slowly.
"Hello?" I whispered.

"Hey lol."

I sighed in relief as soon as I recognized the voice. "William what are you doing here??"

"I wanted to show you something cool." He pulls out a couple mechanical parts, they looked like they came from a project he must be working on.

"What the hell is that supposed to be." My voice, scratched from having been woken up in the middle of the night.

"Look."
He pulls out a chip.
"This."
Grabbing the chip he held in the air, I analyzed it thoroughly with my eyes. It seems like an ordinary chip, a flash drive maybe? I still don't know why this little flimsy piece of junk was important enough for him to go over to my house and wake me up in the middle of the night with no warning.

He laughed, still monitoring his volume levels,
"It doesn't look like much, but it's a huge step in technology."

I raised an eyebrow. Slightly smirking, ready to laugh at the whole situation.

He sternly looked at me. I immediately understood that he wasn't joking around.
"My partner, Henry and I, discovered and developed a way to give non animate objects..." He looked at me with a smile, "Souls."

I didn't know how to react, I barely knew this man. I don't even know if he jokes around a lot, or plays pranks on people often. I suspect him a little.

"So... how did you do it?" I asked with a suspecting tone in my voice.

He enthusiastically responded, "I can show you back in the lab!" His mood then changed quickly as he sighed, "but i'm afraid It's not worth showing to someone who could leak information about the greatest discovery, after all it's confidential." He smirked.

Not gonna lie I was excited when he said he'd show me the lab. But the way he excited his last sentence left me with a straight face.

He brought his hands in front of his mouth, almost like a praying position, his eyes staring in the distance. "See i can't really trust you, I only barley met you. I haven't even spent enough time with you, learned your secrets, or just even hang out with you."

I forced a smile on my face, "alright! Let's get closer then. How about we hang out...uhhh tomorrow?" Although I do suspect him of lying about the discovery just to hang out with me, I wanted to make sure just in case if what he says is true, even if there's a 7% chance.

He slapped both on his hands on the window ceil and leaned foward towards me, meeting me with a huge grin on his face while quickly retrieving the small chip from my fingers.
"Great!"
He quickly turned around, putting the chip back in his bag where it would be kept safe.
I, slightly disgusted, let out a small "ugh" under my breath.
He noticed and turned around with an overwhelming smile.
Nervous, quickly reacted and smiled back.

"I'll come by to pick you up. Leave it to me."
He waved and quietly whispered "bye."

I waved tiredly back. I saw him leave, sneakily trying to avoid the dogs from barking up a ruckus. I closed the window and dragged my feet across the floor. Plopping on the bed I let out a huge sigh.

I hope that was all a dream.

—sneak peak for next chapter—
(Y/N) and William end up exploring a large abandoned mall. Things start to raise (Y/N)'s suspicions on who William really is.