Chapter Eight - (S)he

Remus wanted to go outside with Janus. It was very nice outside, considering that they live in Florida. (Janus always thanks Thomas for living where its warm, and not in Michigan, Minnesota, or Wisconsin.) "C'mon Jay! Let's go outdoors! Pleaseee?" Remus asked the yellow side who was reading a book on their couch, "I don't wanna." Janus told him, Remus groaned. "You're so boring, we can go.. Roller-blading? We have pavement." Remus added, "..Fine." Janus set the book down and got up.

"Go get changed, it's like 9000 degrees outside." Remus told him, Janus nodded and went to his room to see what he can change into without showing too much of his thighs, for obvious reasons. Aside that, he successfully found an outfit. The outfit being a shirt that was yellow on the bottom but black on the top and some black long shorts, he was quite experienced with Roller-blading so he was not worried about skinning his legs or getting hurt. Though it has been a good four to five years, but he was not worried.

"C'mon Jay!" Remus yelled when Janus got ready, wearing a newsboy hat instead of his regular bowler hat. "Okay." Janus left with Remus, getting their roller-blades from a small closet. They were outside when the weather struck them, it was humid. They put on their roller-blades, Remus wobbling as soon as he stood up but he got his balance right shortly after. They rolled down some pavement, "Do you think I can do some awesome ass tricks?" Remus asked, "No." 

"Bitch, I can totally! Watch." Janus tried to stop him but Remus rolled down to a skate park area and tried to twist. He fell. "Fuck." Remus groaned as he stood off when he fell on his back. Janus somewhat snickered, "Idiot." Janus told him, rolling over. "Whatever." Remus stood up, grabbing Janus's hand to get a steady balance. They rolled out of the park to a paved area in a woods, it was empty and pretty and not sticky (meaning not many sticks and pebbles) around them. 

Remus was unknowingly holding Janus's hand behind him. "I bet I can roll backwards." Janus told the other side, "Bet." Remus smirked, letting go. Janus turned around and rolled faster and faster. "Uh- Jan.." Remus tried to warn him, "Look! I'm going a bit faster then I intended." Janus smirked, "Jay- Turn around-" Remus told him, Janus turned around, slowly but he did. But he was too late and he fell into a pond. 

Janus was currently angry (at himself) and shivering in a towel while Remus was cackling his ass off. "Okay! That's e-enough!" Janus yelled at him, Remus threw the hat at him, "It's funny!" Remus giggled at the smaller man, "Do you want some heels for your short ass temper? Or-" Remus added before Janus hit him in the arm, "I'll make the purchase." Remus grabbed the phone as a joke, "Remussssss, sssssstop! You're driving me insane!" Janus hissed in annoyance but slight enjoyment. Remus was currently across from him and decided to go next to Janus, engulfing him in a hug that Janus was not  prepared for. Janus calmed down after a few seconds, now knowing that Remus was not going to hit him or something. Warmth. "Feel nice, snakey?" Remus asked, Janus nodded resting his head on Remus's shoulder, "Y-Yea but it's making me tired." Janus told him, "Eh, fall asleep. I wont stop ya." Janus slightly nodded and closed his eyes (something I wanna do right now. it fuckin 1:30 AM) and falling asleep.

Remus waited a minute or so, liking the feeling of the other side laying on him but he decided to pick Janus up bridal style and carry him to his bedroom. Remus struggled to get the doorknob open but he did it and rested Janus on the bed. Janus's room was really nice a warm, Remus threw a blanket over him and left the room for the sleeping snake, he needed this rest. For the past month Janus had been working non-stop with work, all ways. Denial, which is denying that Thomas has only at most five more months to finish a piece of work he's working on for his.. Self Preservation, which means Thomas taking breaks and being selfish at times. Deceit which is just everyday if we're being honest, funny sentence to put that in.

Remus also knows he has to help Janus with the eating disorder, like really bad. When Remus picked Janus up from the pond and to the bedroom, he was super light and it was concerning. Like, not to mention Janus looks like a skeleton with just a little meat, not very cool. Remus exhaled getting some yogurt and cheerios. It added the crunch. And he began to eat and watch some 'Bob's Burgers' waiting for Janus to awaken from his slumber.

Remus eventually got tired of waiting and went to the bedroom of the said slumber-er and noticed he was still sleeping. Remus decided to sleep next to him, extra warmth for the cold blooded son of a gun. Janus shifted a little, facing Remus and opening his eyes. "Yo." Remus told him, not too close to Janus but close enough where he can smell Janus's weird Mint Tea Tree shampoo (note to self: does not taste like mint, or tea, or trees..) and Janus could smell the mouthwash that Remus is addicted to. "Hi." Janus said, tiredly and Remus pulled him a little closer, hooking his arm around Janus's waist and Janus put his hands on Remus's chest. "Mmm, you're warm.." Janus told him, "It's probably because I ate a hand warmer yesterday." Janus chuckled at that, "You're such a doofus.." Janus told him, looking into his eyes.

"Mmm, yeah.. But you're in charge of me." Remus told him, locking eyes. Janus was the one to make the first move, he moved his hand to the back of Remus's head and pulled his head closer so they're inches away. Remus took a few seconds to register that Janus wants to kiss him.. Janus. Wants. To. Kiss. Him. Remus closed the gap, the two having a semi - short kiss but it was passionate and filled with love. Remus looked at Janus, "Nice." Janus laughed and rested his head on Remus's chest, "Am going back to bed." Janus told him as he fell asleep.

Remus wasn't able to, his head was swarmed with thoughts. He had butterflies in his stomach and he was feeling all fuzzy. Janus likes him? Did Remus really get Janus? Remus could hardly believe it, he kissed minty hair. He was playing with Janus's hair until he felt himself get really tired and then he rested his head in the hair and fell asleep to the nice smell of mint tea.

A/N: So, I used "She" By Dodie because of the smell of mint tea. I find the smell relaxing and I love it so why not use it here? Did I rush the kiss? Did I do anything bad? yes i did. Will I re-read this in a year and die of cringe? yes. But none the less, I hope you enjoy this chapter. I stayed up until 2 AM to write this, I use CST - Central Standard Time. 

I also had so rad food today. My sister is 20, turning 21 on April 5th (3 days after my birthday, April 2nd.) and she has her own apartment that she shares with her boyfriend and her best friend since elementary. She let me and my brother come to her apartment (only supposed to be me but my brother sucks) and we watched The Impossible and played Hangman on paper and then we ordered food from a resturant. I got a bacon omelette and toast with fresh fruit and my sister gave me chocolate cake. Then my moms boyfriend gave me a bag of kit kats.

I am super tired and my social battery is dead, but i hope this was worth the wait.

remember to eat, drink, get 6-8 hours of sleep and take your meds.

I love you and someone else does too.

word count: 1355