꧁46꧂

Leta was yet to notice to the Gryffindor but instead looking up at the stars and dark clouds in the nights sky. James snuck up behind her, quickly wrapping his arms around her and kissing her cheek as she let out a small shriek. "Potter!" She exclaimed, turning around and hitting his shoulders.

"Someone is jumpy." James muttered which Leta heard, earning him a scowl from the Slytherin. "I'm kidding." He chuckled, spinning her around the courtyard which made her dark shot fly around.

She rolled her eyes with a smile before taking his hand and leading him away from the castle. She led him down the steps to the same tree by the lake that she sat by a lot.

She sat down and patted on the grass beside her to indicate him to sit with her. He did just that, looking at the girl who did not look at her but at the dark water in front of them.

Her eyes were lit up by the bright stars in the sky as the moonlight hit her face. She did not look at the boy but instead she shuffled down and laid on the grass, gazing up at the dark sky.

James did the same, laying beside her and looking up at the passing clouds. Leta watched as the black clouds formed different shapes, ignoring the grass prickling against her arms.

"That's a dog." James said, pointing at a cloud which slowly floated over them. "No, it's totally a rabbit." Leta replied which made James scoff.

"Nah uh." He said, pushing himself up and supporting himself up with his elbows. Leta did the same thing, an eyebrow raised and a smirk on her face. "Yah uh."

"Nah-"

Leta interrupted him by covering his mouth which made his eyes widened. She then got up, took off her hoodie and ran into the water with open arms. "Fuck, it's cold!" She exclaimed before swinging under the water.

She then remerged from the lake, pushing water from her face. "Are you joining me or sitting all sulky by the tree?" She asked with a wide smirk but shivering.

He rolled his eyes before running into the water, still running once he reached the water until he head was covered.

She then felt a tug on her leg which pulled her under the water. She put her arms out, recognising James's shoulders so she pulled him closer, pushing off the ground of the lake and up to the surface so they both cane up to the surface.

"Why did you do that?" James asked the Slytherin girl. "To make sure I wasn't kissing a mermaid." She replied before wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him. Her legs wrapped around him as his hands pulled her body closer to him until there was no more space.

They released each other for a quick gaps of air before their lips were together again. "James," She murmured, their face so close that she was basically breathing into his mouth. She then slapped the water into his face which made him let out a high pitch scream.

She almost drowned in the water from laughing to hard. His face scrunched up and splashed water back at her. "James Potter, that was my eye!" She shouted at him. "Remind me to kill you later." She wiped the water from her face and walked out of the water and back to her hoodie, pulling it over her shivering body.

James followed her out, rushing after girl with a concerned face. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to."
He stuttered, spinning her around to face him.

His eyebrows furrowed when he looked at her smiling face. "James, one thing you need to know if we are going to date." She smirked, resting her elbows onto his shoulders. "I'm dramatic about everything."

"It's okay. I'm use to it from Sirius." He chuckled, looking at the girl who rolled her eyes with a smile. Suddenly the sound of Leta's stomach rumbling was all that could be heard.

"That's an alarm I set earlier." She sat as she patted her stomach with her hand. "Alarm for what?" James asked with a confusion face. "Food."

The two students snuck into the kitchen as quietly as they could. As soon as they reached the kitchen, Leta went straight to the shelves.

"So what are you making?" James asked, leaning on the counter as she rushed around the room, putting bowls and spoons in front of him. "I think the question is, what are you making?"

He let out a huff as he heaved himself around to the other side of the counter. He then scanned different ingredients she had gotten out. "I think I'll make my mother's famous chocolate chip cookies."

Leta rested her head in her hands as James hurried around, mixing the dough which sent flour everywhere. Leta shook her head, laughing at the boy who had flour in his hair.

She got up and walked up to him, brushing the flour from his hair to turn his hair back to brown. She finally got it all and lowered her hand, glancing down then back into his eyes.

He leaned in and his lips were poured but Leta stopped him. "I need cookies first." She said before going back to where she stood and leaned on the counter. James let out a small uff before putting the cookies into the oven.