ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟

"Hi," I stammered.

"Clay? You look frozen, come inside"

"No it's okay, I'm not here to stay"

"Then why are you here? It's three in the morning"

"I- i love you"

"YOU WHAT?"

"I've sensed I have done something wrong"

"No, you clearly can't read a room"

"Huh?"

Before I could think of anything to say he kissed me. No it wasn't just my imagination. He actually kissed me. His hands were around my neck and my hands had eventually found his waist.

I had kissed people before but none of them had ever felt like this one. His lips were soft and he smelt of vanilla and cinnamon.

When he pulled away I stayed clinging to him. I hadn't noticed until now but I was crying. I had been crying since I had left my room a few miles back.

We stood there in an embrace. The water that was on me slowly soaked through his clothes and stole all his warmth.

Before I could say something else a noise rang across the sky. I shot up straight, I was in my bed. No water, no vanilla and cinnamon, no George.

IT HAD ALL BEEN AN F-ING  DREAM.

- Time Skip -

- George's POV -

Last period on a Friday had never passed so slowly. Kids had been staring and laughing for the past two days. I had seen Clay around the hallways. He never even glanced my way.

It broke me to know that we were so close and yet so far.

The last football game of the season was tonight. Then after that, the prom.

I wasn't planing on going until Andrea had talked to me during lunch. I now hold a grudge against the lunch period.

She had asked me to go to the prom with her. As friends. She didn't want to go with Clay because she was mad at him for "being an idiot". She had also told me that she thought Clay and I would make a great couple and that she would be happy for me if we dated. Guess she will never be happy for me.

- Time Skip -

The sun was starting to set. The bleachers were cold.

I could see Andrea on the side lines with her pom poms. Darryl and Zak at the food stand. Clay laughing with his friends. Probably laughing at me.

Eventually the timer showed that there was three minutes left in the game. Both teams had the same amount of points. It got to the point where everyone was shouting his name and cheering him on.

"CLAY, CLAY, CLAY"

Over and over again

Looks like the world hates me.