Chapter 34

-= Draco's POV =-
-= Two weeks before July 28th =-

A lot has happened in the past week. My mother finally divorced my father and she went her own way. She kicked him out of the Malfoy Manor. She also got a divorce for me and Astoria, I think the whole thing with my father made her realize that I'm not happy and that it couldn't go on anymore. I was married to this girl for almost two years, and I haven't been in a happy marriage.
It's selfish to say, and not fair towards Astoria, but we both agree that this has been going on for way too long. Two fucking years married, two fucking unhappy years, two fucking years without her . . .

It's been so hard. Some days I can't wake up, some days I fall apart, some days I barely get out of bed, some days I feel a hint of happiness, but she has never left my mind, she has never left my thoughts, she's the love of my life.
I think about her all the time and I've never stopped. I think about kissing her and tracing my fingers along her lips, I think about kissing her in the rain, under the stars, and cuddled up by the fire. I think about kissing her cheeks, her dimples, her nose, and her forehead. I only think about kissing her, not anyone else, only her.

I've been good these past years. I started trying to forgive myself for all the awful things I've done in the past and all the mistakes I've made. I've let go of the past, but I'll never let go of her. I've been going on with my days like I used to, I make small trips to Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade, I come downstairs and have breakfast with my mother and Everly, I've picked up my life again.
I think I've been doing okay because I know that we'll end up together. I know it's selfish, but she's all I think about, and every time I hear her name, or I hear her laugh in my head, or I think about us, all I can do is smile.
I don't know how she feels of course, did she forget me? Did she move on with her life and never looked back? I wouldn't blame her if she did, but you know how in books and movies the people are always drawn back to each other, no matter what happened, they're destined to be together, that's how I feel about me and her, that's how our story has to end, we'll have a happy ending, because we're made for each other. Every flaw, every cry, every smile, every mistake . . . it's made for me and her only.

We needed this time apart. No matter how bad I've wanted to just hold her and never let her go, after the war, we were lost - I was lost - and I needed the time. Even though it was against my own will, and I never wanted to leave her in the first place, after a long time I've come to the realization that this was exactly what I needed.
I'm planning on going back to her. I will track her down and I can only hope she's still in London. I will find traces of her and traces of the life she's been living, and then, when I've built up all the courage to see her again, I will knock on her door. It's been so long since I've knocked on her door, it's been so long since I've touched her, since I've seen her.
We're all living a life that's temporary, but with her all the walls that I've spend so much time on building, they all caved in. For every time she said my name, or she took my hand, for every time her lips brushed over mine, I catch myself falling even harder. And when she looks at me with those gorgeous green eyes, I catch myself drowning in them. With every stitch, with every scar, and with every broken piece of me, I've found everything in her, and I'm crazy in love with her.

I've been planning the day that I'll come back to her. I've been planning on what to do, what to say, how to act, but once the moment is there, I'm sure I'll forget everything I've been thinking about.
I want to tell her the truth, I want to tell her how much I love her and that I can't live without her. Trust me I've tried, but I just can't. I want to know if she can forgive me, I want to know how she's been doing, I want to know if she wants me back just as much as I want her back, I want to know everything and I want to tell her everything.
We've been apart for a long time, and that time has really shown me my life, and I've started to look at it differently, I've started to look at it like it matters, because it does matter, and it hasn't mattered in a very long time.