Gluttony

credit for Sean Norvet for the draw//

I have nothing very important to do today except telling you my story:

Gula is my first name. I have a lot of quality and I'm sure you would have loved to be my friend. But in a world where evil is taken into account more than good, my qualities, though numerous, have never been mentioned anywhere.                                               My flaw, which for me is absolutely not a flaw, but apparently people's opinion of you is more important than yours. It's gluttony. Let me explain; I have always been attracted to one of our main life resources. Food. I found it so incredible to be able to feel such pleasure from the little things that are supposed to keep us alive, good health for some variety and all the trivia. I was so interested in the countless different recipes in different parts of the world and even traditional dishes in different cultures.                                            The surprising spice mounds of different tastes, from the warmest and most welcoming colors to the coldest and most luxurious ones, smells that could transport anyone anywhere.                             In short, food has always been an art not recognized enough for me.

Since I was a child, meals have been my favorite part of the day, I tried to appreciate every flavor, even the one that was hated the most. There wasn't a food that I didn't enjoy.                                        I even later became interested in drinks, from loving the purity of the water to the bewitching ban on alcohol, each one satisfied my palate on the same scale as the food.

All this was the beginning of my addiction. Whether it was the sour candies, hot sauces, fried potatoes, lemon juice, stuffed doughnuts and all the wonderful edible jewels of the world that took care of the pleasure of my tongue. This addiction was getting more and more out of control. I ate and ate without ever stopping. I, who admired the beauty of my precious food, was slowly beginning to advocate quantity over quality.

So you can imagine that the wretched people of this world did not remain silent about things that were none of their business and in fact, looking back, I had never asked for their poor opinions anywhere.                                                                                                                                                            People used to call me a glutton, a pig, gross and many others. All that didn't affect me at all, so don't feel sorry for me right away, what did affect me was that it was as if it was marked on my forehead, people only saw that in me, nothing more, just a pig, that's all.                                      Whereas, as I mentioned earlier, I had a lot of quality.                                                                                  I must have been saddened a few seconds before I started my twenty-third breakfast of the day because yes in the food I even found a shoulder to cry on. Oh no what im saying is so dramatic.   I quickly became a disgusting monster for them, they didn't want to come near me anymore because "you smell like fried food, you fat pig! ».                                                               They wouldn't let me touch anything anymore because "your fingers are full of sugar you idiot! "or they wouldn't listen to me because nobody listens to boys with mouths full of tomato sauce. So I was left out, rejected by everyone and at the same time a performance to make everyone laugh.The target of all the most dangerous jokes because greedy people don't deserve to be respected in any case.                                                                                                                                                       

These "jokes" never hurt me morally again and I insist on morally.                                                                My sweets made me smile again, I told myself that this was my reward for all that I managed to go through. With that I could only eat more.                                                                                                            For me, food also made my pitiful life less dark, a life that ended with the garlic bread that was shoved down my throat . Choking me, getting her hand pushing the bread as deep as she could into my esophagus. I remember perfectly well the pain I had felt, I also remember trying to fight with all my strength in vain because I was perfectly aware that no one would come to help me. They were far too busy giggling. At this thought I also remember crying.                                                  The last words I heard, apart from the laughter of the crowd around me as this girl slit my throat was "The greedy will die! ». Well he was right because I saw the light for the last time before my eyelids closed.

Ironic no, the food brought me such immense joy, I adulated it but having abused it, it introduced me to death.Molière had once said "we must eat to live and not live to eat" there you think that thinking about it I think he was right, well no, you know why? Because it's not a guy who has written plays who's going to tell me what to do. Finally that was the end of  the story of my wonderful life. I hope you liked the little anecdote.

Well now that you know all of it, let me redo the introductions:

My name was Gula, now I am Gluttony, one of the seven deadly sins. Believe it or not, I am very proud of my title and here the food is surprisingly excellent. Oh and Welcome to Hell I hope you enjoy the trip. A candy?

Thank you so much for reading, hope you enjoy it. Others coming really soon!!