CHAPTER 1

"Mhmf" I groaned at gentle taps of dad trying to wake me up.

"Hope love, come on, you're going to be late for school, c'mon" dad held out his hand with a gentle smile. I rolled over and grabbed it, hoisting myself out of bed.

"I think we need to leave by 8, your mom had planned a route to make sure we weren't late but now i... i can't find..." his voice broke.

Moms death hit dad a bit harder than i thought it would. For months, he refused to even see Uncle Elijah without trying to kill him, not that i didn't want to. It got so bad that at one point, Dad broke down. He went on a killing spree. Finally, me and Auntie Freya tracked him down to Georgia. In a little abandoned warehouse.

It stunk of body odour and booze, but the smell that stuck out was the overwhelming pang of rotting bodies. I remember walking in and how awful it felt. Seeing Dad like that. I remember the look in his eyes when he saw me, the disgust, the horror. Tears streamed down my hand as i begged him to come back. I begged and begged until Auntie Freya finally snapped his neck and carried him back to New Orleans. I have no idea what they did to him for the few months that it took to get him back on track, but i remember how hard we both cried when Auntie Freya let me see him again. He's been weirdly shy around me ever since, like if he cracks, then it'll remind me of that warehouse.

"Hope, are you ready yet?" Dad shouted from the door.

"Almost!" I responded, pulling up my jumper. I wonder how different this school would be. Ever since we moved from New Orleans to Mystic Falls, I've been kinda worried about the school. I don't know if i can handle a new school as well as everything. I guess we'll see right?

I picked up my leather purse and jumped in the Jeep.

"Let's go! We're gonna be late, c'mon" I turned to dad. He chuckled softly, before starting the drive along the twisty roads of the quaint little town.

Finally, we arrived at Mystic Falls High. My new school. I pushed open the smooth black door of the Jeep before yelling a quick bye to my dad. As soon as i walked in, i knew this was gonna be very different to the posh witches academy in New Orleans. My first sight was a blonde, dressed in a mini skirt, cherry lip gloss and a zip up crop top, making out with a tall, black haired football player. I quickly turned my head when i saw him look at me, hoping i didn't catch any unwanted attention. Through the corner of my eye, i saw him pull away from the blondes clutch to watch me pass. He whistled at me, some attempt at a creepy compliment. I was not in the mood for assholes, so i did something that i now regret. I pulled out my right hand from my pocket, flipping him off as i walked past.

"Ooh, Carlos got rejected by the newbie!" said one of the other football players, voice dripping with sarcasm. I lowered my head. How could I be so stupid? The only thing i didn't want was attention. And what did i get? Attention.

After that ordeal, I rushed to my first class, History in Room 10. Only, i couldn't seem to find it. After 5 minutes of wandering around the long hallways, I finally plucked up the courage to ask someone. I looked around me to see a short brunette at her locker nearby, wearing a crisp white shirt with a small pendant and soft plaid skirt, stopping right above her knees.

"Hi, sorry, hi, do you know where Room 10 is? I'm Hope by the way, i'm new.". I stammered.

"I'm Josie, and hi." She smiled very slightly. " Room 10's just down that hallway. i'm heading there too, if you wanna come?" She asked invitingly.

"Sure." I said with relief. I waited for her at her locker before strolling over to Room 10. I liked Josie, she was fun, sweet, funny... maybe this school won't be too bad.

I practically slept through the rest of the day until lunch. I waited for Josie, considering that she's the only person who i actually like in this place.

"Hope, would you wanna come to lunch with me and my boyfriend?" Josie asked as she skipped to the lunch line. Suddenly, a tall, raven haired guy walked up behind me.

His eyes were piercing green, different shades like coloured shards of broken glass, his hair, wavy and smooth. He wore dark blue jeans with a Letterman jacket over his band tee. He looked at me with a strangely intrigued expression, like i was some puzzle that he needed to solve. It was kinda unnerving.

"Hey, I'm Nick. Josie's boyfriend, Nick." He held out his hand.

"My names Hope, I'm new here." I said as i shook it.

"Nice to meet you, Hope." He said with a gentle smile. I sat with Nick and Josie for the rest of Lunch, and they seemed like nice people, good enough for me. Then, I saw him.

"Josie who is that?" I whispered sideways to Josie.

"Oh, that's Ethan Fell. He's the captain of the Football Team and he gets like straight As. He's hot too." She whispered with a sigh. Nick punched her in the shoulder as she started to crack up.

"Not funny Jo" He said, trying to hide a grin, but all I could think about was the Football Captain walking across the Lunch Hall.

Ethan Fell. His hair was thick and fairly long, a rich, deep brown. He pushed it back gently through with his calloused hands, moving it from his eyes. Oh god, his eyes. They were like honey spun with hazelnuts, almond shaped. He wore nothing special, but somehow it fit perfectly on his frame.

I finally went home after a long day, dreaming about how Ethan Fell would be mine.

AN: yes, i did just finish caos and i am modelling Nick on Nick Scratch and Nick and Josie's relationship to be like Nabrina because i miss them and what about it