CHAPTER 3

After a week that felt like forever, Wednesday finally rolled around. I spent an hour on my clothes with Lizzie, finally deciding on a tight fitting maroon top and a plaid skirt long enough that it wasn't slutty, but short enough that it was cute.

"That top makes your boobs look so good, i wish mine were like yours." Lizzie gushed excitedly.

"Lizzie!" I laughed, but somehow still glowing from the compliment.

"He's gonna fall in love with you on sight, i'm sure of it" She grinned in response.

"A girl can dream" I sighed, thinking about the evening ahead.

She ushered me out the door and waved me off

"You'll do fine, just remember not to be awkward ok?" Lizzie reassured me.

I nodded before starting down the driveway and waving her back. I drove away, a pit of terror in my stomach. What if he didn't like my top? What if i froze and said something dumb? Before i knew it, I was walking up to the cobblestone driveway. I slowly got out, trying not to stumble over myself as i approached the door. I rung the doorbell once before he answered.

"Hope, hey. C'mon, we can work here." He said, leading me up to a spacious white room, containing a tv, a desk and 2 sofas. 3 glowing lamps illuminated the pictures in silver frames on the table. One of Ethan at what seemed to be his first game, a little brown haired boy holding a glinting gold trophy.

"You can sit here. What do you wanna start with?" He asked, opening the textbook and gesturing to the space on the desk next to him. I slowly sat down, taking care not to raise my skirt.

"We should start with the Lattice structure, it's the staple of the work. Maybe a brief introduction?" I said, trying to hide my nervousness.

"Sure, i guess. I'll start the intro and you can do the lattice?" He asked nonchalantly.

"Sure." I said quietly, picking up my laptop from my backpack. I set it down and started working. I stayed for about an hour, silently tapping away at the little black keys.

"I think I should go now, it's getting late." I said finally, breaking the silence.

"Sure. Do you need any extra gas for your car or.." He asked, starting to get up and walk with me downstairs.

"Oh, I didn't come by car, i walked." I nodded awkwardly.

"What? Mikaelson, it's -5° outside, there's no chance you can walk back in that. Let me drive you." He said, donning a somehow incredibly attractive frown. Ethan Fell cared if i was cold.

"No way, you don't need to bother.." I said reluctantly.

"Come on, are you seriously going to walk? Are you really that polite? Just let me drive you." He reached the door and pulled it back to a gust of freezing air that sent shudders all throughout my body.

"Fine." I said, rolling my eyes as he smirked. He ran to the side table and grabbed his keys before opening the car door for me. He jumped in beside me, turning the key in the ignition. At first, he drove in silence.

"Where'd you move from anyways?" He asked abruptly, eyes still on the road. I turned to look at him before replying.

"New Orleans." I said cagily, worried about the turn this conversation could lead to, hoping that i could stop it at the root.

"Why did you move? Did you not like it there?" He persisted, eyes fixed on the streets ahead.

"Can we not talk about this?" I said quietly, trying to contain the tides of rage i felt just thinking about it.

"Sure Mikaelson, but-"

"Ethan. Stop." I said abruptly, very obvious fury spilling through my tone.

"I'm sorry." He murmured.

"This is my turn. Just through there." I said.

"Isn't this the Saltzman house?" Ethan said, confused.

"How do you know that?" I asked, surprised.

"I... I may have had a small thing with twin #1." He admitted.

"Ethan Fell! Which twin?" I asked, in shock.

"Josie..." He said sheepishly.

"Josie! No way!" I laughed, internally hurt that she wouldn't tell me.

He finally pulled up to the gravelly driveway, turning the key in the ignition. He hopped out his side, then walked over to my door, holding his hand for me to get out.

I turned to see Lizzie pulling a mock shock face behind his back. I rolled my eyes and let out a little snicker. Ethan looked at me for a second, confused, then waved me off after jumping back into his Jeep.

I ran over to Lizzie, screaming as soon as he was out of range.

"How was it?!" She asked excitedly.

"So so so good, I think he actually likes me." I squealed.

"Hope! holy shit that's insane!" Lizzie beamed. She slid her slender arm through mine, leading me into the house.

"Tell me everything!" She gushed.