Act 1 : 9 - Friends Help Friends

---

Leon POV

One Week Later

---

One week has past, during that week, not much has happened. Mikasa's cut her hair shorter, just above her shoulders, it suits her to say the least, I've always known her with longer hair though, so it'll take a little to get use to. I've also found out Jean has a big crush on Mikasa, how exciting. I'm not je- nothing......

Why would I be jealous anyway? My eye wasn't on Mikasa, - fully. It was partially on another stoic and cold person, Annie. I'm not sure why, there's just, something......

Actual training wise, it was boring and full of study. We learned basic law, about Titans and even humans too. Me and Armin topped the class by landslides, me because I already knew most of this stuff, but Armin might be the smartest person alive, who knows?

Today is where the real work starts however, today we start actually training. We're starting with hand to hand today, in a few days we should be doing ODM, I'm confident about both. Luckily I had a great teacher.

Realistically I should be topping the class, but we'll find out afterwards I guess. It was simple hand to hand. No daggers, nothing. Just hand to hand for now.

"Okay! You know what today is! It's time to train your combat! We don't know how good or shit any of you fodder are, so you are free to pick your own partner for today. After today you'll be assessed and put into pairs based on your performance! So if you want that top spot, work hard!" Keith Sadies shouts at all of us.

"Yes Sir!" We all reply as one with a salute.

"Good! Find a partner and you may begin!" He says as he walks away.

Immediately people start wondering about trying to find a friend to partner with.

I walk through the crowd, attempting to find one of my friends. Until I run into Armin.

"Armin! Wanna be partners?" I ask with enthusiasm.

"Yeah sure, just go easy on me." He laughs nervously.

"I might." I shrug and grin. He shakes his head and sighs, followed by a small smile.

"Come on then." I motion him to follow me to an open area of the coarse, rough, sandy training field.

We reach a open area, "Ready?" I ask.

"Yeah, I guess so." He says a little nervous. I smile and ready my stance, he readies his.

 I smile and ready my stance, he readies his