drivers license 2

Red lights
Stop signs
I still see your face
In the white cars
Front yards
Can't drive past the places
We used to
Go to
'Cause I still fucking love you, babe

You drifted asleep on his lap then, peacefully. When you awoke, your best friend was no longer in your embrace and you blinked to remember where you were. For a second, just a small second, you forgot about what happened the day before.

Shifting up to a sitting position, you stretched your sore neck and looked around to Haechan in the kitchen. A sizzling noise accompanied by the alluring smell of bacon wafted over. Your stomach grumbled - it had been a few days since you'd had the appetite to eat something.

You made your way to the familiar kitchen, one you had spent many days hanging out in. Haechan tilted his head towards the sound of your approaching footsteps.

"You're awake?"

You nodded in response. He wore a floral apron as he cooked, his hair still messy from sleep. For the first time in a while, you smiled.

After breakfast, he let you drive to school.

"I didn't know you got your license," the boy remarked as he buckled in.

"I did. Just yesterday". Your voice was still slightly hoarse from crying. With your best attempts in Haechan's bathroom, you washed the tears from your face. You hoped you could pretend you were okay.

But as you drove along, you passed the house that you had so temporarily forgotten about. The white car parked outside of Mark's home pierced your chest with dull pain as you remembered the promises you made together.

"That's cool. Did you finish the bio project?," Haechan made his best attempt at capturing your attention, understanding what was going through your head.

You couldn't reply.

Sidewalks
We crossed
I still hear your voice
In the traffic
We're laughing
Over all the noise
God, I'm so blue
Know we're through
But I still fucking love you, babe

The rest of the ride was silent as you struggled to keep it together. You thought about how Mark used to kiss you whenever there was a red light, leaning across the dash to tell you he loved you. You used to laugh at the ticklish feeling of his fingers feeling around your jaw to get a better angle to your lips, squealing at him to go when the light changed green.

You felt numb as you sat in your morning bio lecture, heeding no attention to your professor's voice. Haechan sat next to you, observing your pained expression with concern.

"___, you okay?"

The question only makes you feel worse and you lean your chin weakly against his shoulder. You let out a small whimper, lips trembling as you hid your face in his neck. Grabbing your hand, he led you out of the dark lecture hall. You didn't have the energy to ask where you were going as he pulled you out of the university science building.

"Give me your keys, I'll drive," Haechan directed. You obliged.

Seoul traffic picked up and the two of you sat listening to the radio.

"You wanna go get coffee?," your best friend asked.

You didn't answer, listening to the melody of the acoustic music playing on the radio. It reminded you of the song Mark wrote about you all those months ago. Haechan accepted your silence as affirmation and he pulled into a quaint café lot. A white car is parked in front of yours and you think you're seeing things because it looks like Mark's. Everything seemed to remind you of him.