Packing Tips

By 

Packing for a vacation or holiday can be stressful at times. Depending on the weather, how long you're staying and where you are going, sometimes it can be a little bit confusing. I'm going to give you three simple tips to make sure you pack everything you need!

#1 Check the weather

A couple of days before you leave, start checking the weather for your vacation destination. This helps you decide whether to bring shorts or pants, trainers or sandals. It can clear up unwanted clutter in your suitcase and help you concise your load.

In fact, I went for a weekend trip to a local beach about 2 hours from my house last weekend. When it came to packing, we had to pack for both hot and cold weather because of the unpredictable weather that is in South Australia currently. What a perfect segue into my next tip!

#2 Multipurpose packing

Weather changes very quickly, and sometimes you need to be prepared. But, you don't have enough space in your luggage to bring your entire wardrobe, so where do you go from here? Something that my Mum taught me was to multi-purpose pack. No I don't mean do other activities while you pack, I mean use your items in multiple ways.

For example, you have a short sleeved t-shirt, pick something plain that can be matched with a range of bottoms (including shorts, jeans, leggings etc.) meaning that you'd have to pack less. The same can be done when it comes to being cold. Wear that shirt underneath a jumper and toss on some leggings, and you're all set for a slightly cooler day!

The same can be done for shoes, can your flip flops also be your slippers? Sandals becoming lounge shoes? Converses become going-out shoes? The world is your oyster! If you have to save space, think of some flashy combinations that can be considered 'forward fashion'!

#3 Know your itinerary

When you're a tourist, you constantly want to go out. Planning your itinerary before-hand helps you a lot when it comes to saving space. Make sure you know how many days you're going to spend in the water, go out, dress fancily or stay casual so you can plan your outfits. But make sure to always check the weather before you pack anything so that you don't over or under dress!

There's my three easy packing tips to help you make sure you get the most out of your packing space! Do you have any tips that I haven't mentioned? Let us know in the comments below!