Chapter 2: The Curtis House

I woke up in a soft bed and rubbed my eyes. I looked around the room and saw a shelf of books and a desk in the corner with a copy of " Gone with the Wind" laid opened on the desk. As I was checking out the room a boy burst through the door and looked up at me surprised. " Oh um, I'm sorry, I forgot that you were sleeping in here last night!" he said nervously turning around out the room. " Wait!", I kind of yelled, " Uh, is this your room?" He turned around and looked at me with a confused look on his face. " Yeah, I assume you probably are thinking it's real boring and childish, huh?", he said looking down, but you can tell by the tone in his voice he must get treated like a kid. " No no I like it, I used to read a lot when I was younger actually, I went to the movies all the time too." He looked up at me in the eyes and started smiling,." What's your name?" I asked. " Ponyboy Curtis." " Nice to meet you Ponyboy, I'm Kate," I said assuming he already knew my last name because of Steve. " Pony, wake Kate up so we can eat lunch!",someone yelled from the living room. " I am!", he yelled back. " I'll be out in just a minute alright?" He nodded and walked back out of the room. I then looked at myself in a mirror and saw I was still in the clothes from yesterday so I grabbed my bag and picked out a shirt that said Brooklyn, tucked into jean shorts, and my white Taylor's.I fixed my hair real simple with it down in a braid since my hair was naturally wavy.(Pics below) I walked out of Ponyboys room to see 5 boys all siting around in the kitchen in and the living room. Steve and Soda were arm wrestling in the kitchen, Ponyboy and another kid were sitting in the couch talking, and the last guy was sitting on the floor drinking beer, watching Mickey, and eating chocolate cake, I knew for sure we were gonna be good friends. " There she is!", Steve hollered from the kitchen. They all came into the living room and smiled at me, but the kid talking to Pony was a little hesitant. " Guys this is my sister Kate," Steve said looking at the two boys that didn't know me. " Well aren't you a sweet piece of candy!",the guy on the floor yelled smirking and laughing. Steve glared at him, " Kate this is Keith Two-bit Matthews, we call him Two-bit,and that's Johnny Cade over there by Pony." " There apart of our gang," Soda added. " Cool, ok so what are we doing today!", I exclaimed . " Well me and Soda took off work today to show you around so we've got all day," Steve said. " Let's bring her to the Dingo," Johnny finally pitched in. We all agreed. As we were walking to the dingo I got cat-called a few times along the way, so Steve was getting pretty ticked off and Soda put his arm around me so people thought I was " off limits". Which I secretly enjoyed. We walked into the dingo and sat down in a round booth big enough for all of us, and a waitress came and took our orders and Two-bit was all over her trying to get her number, but in a funny way. We all started eating and talking about my life in New York and there lives here and how they have a buddy from New York too. " So Kate, was there Socs and Greasers in New York too?" Pony asked me. " Yeah, I guess you could call it that." " Did you have a boyfriend there or anything," Soda asked with Steve giving him a death stare. " No, not when I left."

"

Soda sat back in the booth a little more relaxed with a smile on his face

Soda sat back in the booth a little more relaxed with a smile on his face. Man... could I get lost in his eyes. "Kate! Kate!" Steve was trying to get my attention. "Uh, erm, what?" Two-bit started busting out laughing and hollered " Looks like blondie over here already got herself a crush!" Soda kinda smirked and I could feel Steve giving him a small kick under the table. "Just for that I'm gonna call you Keith and not Two!" I chuckled. " No. No. No. I hate being called Keith!" he wined. After a little bit of going back and forth we finally died down after the waitress came back so Keith was back at it again. "Hey Kate, that ring of yours kind of looks like one a friend of ours has," Johnny finally talked to me. "Yeah yeah, that does kind of look like something ol' Dal would wear," Pony said getting a better look at it. " Really?" "An old friend of mine gave it to me back in Brooklyn."
" Never in my life have I ever seen broads wear them kinds of rings," Two- Bit stated. " A guy gave it to me, not a girl." Steve looked up at me, " Your telling me that some cool head gave you a ring! Your 16 there ain't no fella that should be giving my kid sister a ring!" " Steve calm down, he was my best friend it was nothing like that!" The gang was just listening to us while we argued, but finally Two spoke up, " We'll I knew you guys were blood, but I guess your never family until you get into each other's faces a little bit!" He laughed at himself, which made me laugh and then Pony joined, so eventually everyone was cracking up.

———————————————————————————
                 i am going to start this story again. just trying to get some motivation.