Chapter 1. The first Bite.

Vampires had long taken over the planet and humans were only for feeding, occasionally some would be changed and only if it was done correctly. The great elders were the vampires who ruled, between them they were ruthless and had killed many humans. At one point it had been a bloodbath as many vampires killed the humans after they had fed. Viktor had to take a stand as the human population began to die, which also meant their blood supply became smaller.

A council was built, where only the highest members would attend between humans and vampires, it was the only place where they would mix when necessary. Rules were set and this became a small amount of hope for the humans who were left.

Every continent was split up and ruled by different clans, Viktor runs the one here in Amberfalls, it is also the largest underground city of vampires upon the earth.

The vampires still ruled and most humans still lived in fear, only rumours amongst the humans which had been told for centuries about the one who would come and set a balance between humans and vampires once more.  

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sun disappeared within seconds and the moon rose into the dark skies. The cries and screams echoed around the town as those who were unlucky to be caught outside were up for feeding.

Safely behind her window Rose watched as the mist drew in. Occasionally you caught a glimpse of a face as they passed by. The red eyes were the worst especially when they came up to your window to stare at you. 

Rose stared out into the night, she had been one of the lucky ones and had never experienced the bite from a vampire. A chill from behind her appeared and Rose found herself frozen to the spot, her body trembled as a cold finger moved her hair off her neck. "So beautiful my love." His voice was so soft, enchanting, sending a pleasant shudder through her body. 

Rose was inside, No vampire should be able to enter a home after it had been blessed with holy water. She turned to face him. His long black hair fell around his shoulders, his eyes were black but mesmerising she didn't fear him. Rose sucked in a gasp of air and held her breath as he ran his thumb across her cheek. 

She found herself staring into his black orbs, not seeing her reflection as you normally would, but she found herself disappearing into them as if she was looking into his mind. He blinked, bringing her back from where she had gone. Finally finding her voice she plucked up the courage to speak to him. 

"How... how did you get in?" 

Her voice was like heaven for him. Her scent drew him here. It was like she was calling for him. Vladimir had been out with the higher vampires in their live feed for the last couple of weeks, but tonight was different for him. The higher vampires would come and feed on any unsuspecting victims at any given time as long as it wasn't high noon or extreme heat. They could withstand the sunlight for a short time, unlike most myths about vampires, but just after sunset was a favourite time for feeding. 

Vladimir was not sure how or why he was able to step inside her home but he was here. His desire for her grew the longer she stood staring at him. He closed his eyes for a second inhaling her sweet vanilla aroma as the screams from victims slowly died down and the vampires got their fill. He knew it would soon be time to leave. 

He wanted to taste her, yet he didn't want to hurt her. Instead he closed in on her lips placing his on top of hers. Her chest was rising rapidly, she thought she was going to pass out as his lips touched hers. 

His eyes closed as the kiss deepened and her hand came up into his soft silky hair. Rose wasn't sure what was happening, she thought that maybe he had put a spell on her or she was in some sort of trance.