Chapter 4🎃 Nurturing

Katsuki isn't sure what day it was. But he knew–or at least had a feeling– that it has been nearly three weeks since his disappearance. His kidnapper didn't have a tv in the cabin. Well, it made since to him since there wasn't much source in the middle of the woods for Internet. What was strange to Katsuki was that the killer has not made an effort to attack and kill him. Not even once. The total opposite, actually, he's been very kind to Katsuki. It has made the boy feel so light on his feet every time the man is around.

     Katsuki knows that this feeling he has is very wrong, but.....it's hard to explain. There's this familiarity around the stranger that just makes him happy whenever he sees him. The protective nature and the sweet gestures fill Katsuki with joy.

"Hey, Rabbit Face. I'm hungry." Katsuki could never get an answer as to what the killer's name was. So he just stuck to Rabbit Face, since the killer never took off his mask. Even when he ate, the mouth of the mask would open wide and he'd turn away from Katsuki. "What are you making for dinner?"

Rabbit Face fiddles with his fingers. Bashful, Katsuki guessed. Why should he be though? There's nothing to be shy about. "U-um......s-soup."

   Katsuki frowns at him. He stands onto his feet and makes his way into the kitchen. Oh yeah, Rabbit Face has allowed Katsuki to walk around freely. The blonde did try to escape once, but he got shocked by an invisible electric fence surrounding the cabin and passed out. There wasn't any other way to leave besides the gate. The gate was locked and Katsuki has never seen a key or a remote control with Rabbit Face. Ever.

"Why don't you make anything different? Don't you get tired of soup all of the time?"

"Th-Thats......th-the only th-th-thing I kn-know how to....m-make."

Poor thing, Katsuki thought. He blinks owlishly, surprised with himself for even finding pity on the killer. He was a murderer for crying out loud! He killed innocent people...well Katsuki supposed that they were innocent. But if he did kill innocent people, Katsuki would've been dead weeks ago. Maybe his capturer was waiting for the right moment. Possibly trying to gain Katsuki's trust. "Is there anything in particular you'd like?"

He turns to the giant man. "I'm sure you get tired of just eating soup with little woodland creatures in it as meat."

The killer is silent for a moment. Did he not have a favorite? Why is he so quiet? Was he shy about saying what he liked? "Do you–?" Katsuki was cut off when Rabbit Face spoke up. "K...Katsudon....i-i-is my f-favorite."

"Katsudon?" Why did that seem so familiar? Katsuki wasn't really one to find over that particular dish. He remembered someone else enjoying it. But....he doesn't know who or how he got to taste it for himself since his parents rarely cooked it. Katsuki started looking around in the cabinets, the killer watching in intently. "You've got a hell of a lot of groceries. Which is strange....but I don't feel like questioning your business much. I should be able to make it."

Katsuki turns to Rabbit Face. "Want me to make it for you?"

🎃

It hadn't taken Katsuki long to finish the dish. He had two bowls set out along with sides in the middle of the table. Katsuki makes his way into the living room, but Rabbit Face wasn't in there. He arched a brow and turns to head down the hallway. Katsuki hadn't explored the entire cabin before. It was a small place, but he wasn't sure where to start. That's when he saw a back door open and a large figure step inside. Rabbit Face looks back at Katsuki, his clothes stained with splatters of blood.

Katsuki drags in a shaky breath. "Dinner is ready. Get yourself cleaned up."

"M....m'kay."

When Rabbit Face comes back, he's in a fresh clean sweater and black jeans. He sits down across from Katsuki. His heart thumped in his chest as he stares at all of the food before him. "Why don't you take off your mask?" The man looks over at Katsuki, seeing a curious looks surround his pretty features. "U-um.....I-I-I....um."

Katsuki sighs, "don't worry about. Eat how you normally eat. I won't look at you, if that'll make you feel more comfortable."

The killer only hums, grateful about Katsuki's promise. They pray over the food and begin to dig in. Rabbit Face raises the mouth of the mask, but it only shows the bottom half of his face. Katsuki discreetly glances at him, without being noticed. He caught sight of some green curls. The man's lips were a light pink. A couple of freckles spotted here and there. "You...you're staring."

      Shit! "How do you know? You can't really see out of that mask with the mouth open", Katsuki exclaims. He goes back to eating his food. He reached over for the last piece of fish when a pair of chopsticks blocks him. He glances up at Rabbit Face, seeing that he was smiling coyly. Katsuki didn't know why, but it made his stomach flutter and his heart skip a beat. "H-hey. Let go of this piece. It's mine."

     Rabbit Face's hand reaches over the table to Katsuki. Katsuki's muscles are taut when he watches the hand in he closer. Fuck! I'm dead! I'm so dead!

     However, that was not the case.

     Instead, a knuckle brushes up against the corner of his mouth and pulls away. He opens his crimson eyes to watch as Rabbit Face licks a red sauce from his finger. He smiles once more, "y-you took...c-care of m-me. So......I-I thought I would d-do the same."

      Katsuki's face was entirely red now. His flutters with butterflies even more than before as he turns back to his food. "D-dummy", he mumbles. He starts shoveling more food into his mouth. Katsuki hears a deep chuckle across from him. His heart skipping another beat.